PDA

View Full Version : Question

Marine1011
01-16-11, 04:26 PM
My sister was telling me about a friend I had years ago. She said he was a V.N. veteren. That he served with the 101st airborn div. in Nam. When I knew him in 67, he was in the National Guard. I told her I thought he was in the N.G. She said he told her he didnt make his meetings so they drafted him. First question is , would the Army even draft a man that wasnt fulling his N.G. obligation? #2 could he serve with an airborn unit with only a 2 year enlistment? He told her that he just got 100% for P.T.S.D. and being exposed to Agent Orange. He said he received a check for 81 thousand dollars on top of his 100%. for back compensation. I would never say someone is lying unless I knew for sure. Does any of this sound close to right? Thanks

Ed Palmer
01-16-11, 04:45 PM
sounds to me like the sun might rise in the west tomorrow.

Big Jim
01-16-11, 05:00 PM
My sister was telling me about a friend I had years ago. She said he was a V.N. veteren. That he served with the 101st airborn div. in Nam. When I knew him in 67, he was in the National Guard. I told her I thought he was in the N.G. She said he told her he didnt make his meetings so they drafted him. First question is , would the Army even draft a man that wasnt fulling his N.G. obligation? #2 could he serve with an airborn unit with only a 2 year enlistment? He told her that he just got 100% for P.T.S.D. and being exposed to Agent Orange. He said he received a check for 81 thousand dollars on top of his 100%. for back compensation. I would never say someone is lying unless I knew for sure. Does any of this sound close to right? Thanks

2 words.....BOVINE EXCREMENT...!!

SGT7477
01-16-11, 07:27 PM
Stolen Valor, Semper Fidelis.

Zulu 36
01-16-11, 07:42 PM
Yes, they could activate you for failing to fulfill National Guard obligations.

The 101st stopped being a fully jump qualified unit during 1967. It only kept one brigade on jump status, so many 101st Vietnam vets may not be jump qualified. I think about 1970 the 101st became fully "Airmobile" (or "Air Assault" as it is now), no longer "Airborne."

One of my cousins was in the 101st in Vietnam, and he was jump qualified. Another guy I knew was 101st, but not jump qualified.

spotts
01-16-11, 08:41 PM
I cant see him getting the 81 grand. That would be like a 15 year retro payment