PDA

View Full Version : Hello Quick Question

luis2787
01-16-11, 10:57 AM
i got pulled over yesterday for an over due inspection which was like a day and got a ticket. if i go and pay the fine on the ticket will it come up on my record and screw my chance of getting a security clearance for my communications mos? its only a minor traffic violation and no points.

sparkie
01-16-11, 11:40 AM
Minor traffic violation and no points? You should be hung!!!

luis2787
01-16-11, 11:42 AM
Minor traffic violation and no points? You should be hung!!!

why? minor traffic infraction sorry.

Zulu 36
01-16-11, 05:33 PM
Somebody's sarcasm detector is not working today, Sparkie. Oy. :sick:

0351 Corporal
01-16-11, 05:43 PM
i got pulled over yesterday for an over due inspection which was like a day and got a ticket. if i go and pay the fine on the ticket will it come up on my record and screw my chance of getting a security clearance for my communications mos? its only a minor traffic violation and no points.

Weather a traffic violation shows up on your record or not is up to your state government. You shouldn't be worrying about security clearance, You won't be interviewed for security clearance until you have completed boot camp, and are in the School of Infantry. As long as you are truthful with all the questions and tell them everything, including anything you think is not on your record, you should be fine. Stay focused on preparing for boot camp. The more you obsess over the THEN, the harder it's going to suck for you in the NOW.

WXSgt
01-16-11, 07:01 PM
just be honest about it and tell them ahead of time. it will not hurt you if your honest. if you hide it and they find it in your background check then you are not trustworthy. get where im going?

luis2787
01-16-11, 07:04 PM
Weather a traffic violation shows up on your record or not is up to your state government. You shouldn't be worrying about security clearance, You won't be interviewed for security clearance until you have completed boot camp, and are in the School of Infantry. As long as you are truthful with all the questions and tell them everything, including anything you think is not on your record, you should be fine. Stay focused on preparing for boot camp. The more you obsess over the THEN, the harder it's going to suck for you in the NOW.

thank you my recruiter told me its probably not going on my record because its a minor citation and it will get dropped because it wasn't my car and i borrowed it from my family member.

luis2787
01-16-11, 07:09 PM
just be honest about it and tell them ahead of time. it will not hurt you if your honest. if you hide it and they find it in your background check then you are not trustworthy. get where im going?

i told my recruiter as soon as it happened he didn't seemed to worried about he said it was really petty

2651GySgt
01-17-11, 06:12 AM
expired inspection is no big deal what so ever. pay the fine, get the inspection done, let your recruiter know so that he can update your SF86 and be sure to tell the inspector if you are asked in Boot Camp that you did get a citation for your safety inspection being expired, that you paid the fine, got your vehicle inspected and all is well. No worries

jp2usmc
01-17-11, 08:44 AM
Try to get that inspection sticker updated before you go in to pay your fine and bring the receipts. Your ticket might get dismissed.

luis2787
01-17-11, 09:29 AM
Try to get that inspection sticker updated before you go in to pay your fine and bring the receipts. Your ticket might get dismissed.

yea see i borrowed the car from my uncle for the day to go to my poolee function and i had got pulled over almost being home and i told the cop it wasn't my car so on the ticket it says that i am not the owner operator. so i am going to try to get the inspection receipt from my uncle since it wasnt my car so i am hoping it gets diminished so i dont have to go through all the paper work :confused:

sparkie
01-17-11, 06:22 PM
You're not hung yet??????

03Mike
01-17-11, 09:38 PM
You're not hung yet??????

^ :D laughing my ass off Sparkie

Seriously - you've got nothing to worry about Colon - tell the truth, minor traffic violations aren't good, but they won't derail a clearance unless either alcohol or deceit are involved.

Casedizzy2821
01-18-11, 12:16 AM
If you have a comm MOS (06xx or 28xx) you only get a secret clearance (until you're E-6 and above), and aren't even interviewed, so you don't have to worry about it.

As far as the ticket, tell your recruiter (which it sounds like you already did). Get used to telling your chain of command everything, like when you fart.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-18-11, 01:51 AM
Gad zooks. CHILL out. It's a minor ticket not the end of the world. Fix your sticker, think about court (or just paying the stupid thing) and move on. No big deal.