PDA

View Full Version : Enlisted navy trying to get out early to switch to marine corps..

crossfit23
01-15-11, 10:05 PM
My name is MA3 WHITE, JUSTIN. I worked with marine recruiters for 2 1/2 years I had written guareented E-3 out of marine corps boot camp and 0311. I than joined the navy in request by my family to carry on family tradition. I am currently in Kandahar and I am here until next Jan12 I am trying to get out my navy contract on Jun12 and I would than like to enlist into the USMC it has been my dream since I was a freshman in highschool and now that I have carried on my families tradition it is now my turn to do my dream. I have the absolute love for the corps and I want nothing else I do not care about losing rank and going back to boot camp I want to spend the rest of my life as a United States MARINE.Anyone know is the only thing I need is a good dd form 214 with a re code of 1 or is there more the Marine Corps needs? and when I get out can I sign up like the next day and than ship soon and also are there restrictions on MOS because I still want to be 0311 thank you for yor help and stay safe..

USNAviator
01-15-11, 10:33 PM
Master at Arms/third White, I can't comment on your future with the Corps. But please son, for your own sake, learn to spell, capitalize and punctuate correctly. It may not seem important to you now but when you submit any official request up the chain, you'll do much better with a well organized and cohesive document

But good luck to you on your quest to serve the Corps. And Justin, that Navy isn't that bad....;)

Devil1087
01-16-11, 04:07 AM
You're going to have to finish your contract dude, it's your fault for letting your family influence you. Suck it up, and if you really want to be a junior Marine at age 22 instead of just continuing with the Navy, that's your call dude.

Can the Navy dudes lat move? If so I'd look into become a Corpsman and requesting the FMF instead. Most able-bodied males will go to the FMF basically.

crossfit23
01-16-11, 04:18 AM
Yes I understand my navy contract but I can request to get it cancelled early I might have to just pay money back which is fine. Junior enlisted at 22 or 24 isnt bad alot of marines i have met didnt enlist till about 25 or up. I looked into the corpsman but I still just have my desire and love to earn that eagle,globe, and anchor. I was just asking for information on prior service joining the Corps and if it is hard or if the recruiters just need to see that you really have the desire to join. Its all I want and I can do it for the rest of my life..

Devil1087
01-16-11, 04:22 PM
It's just an eagle glove and anchor dude, if you're doing it just for the title I would avoid it. A lot of guys who shouldn't be there graduate all the time. Good luck becoming a lifer though,...