PDA

View Full Version : Embassy Security Forces

Nerd
01-15-11, 09:02 PM
Marines,

I looked on google and Wikipedia, and I didn't really find ALL the answers I was looking for.

My question is, who can join? meaning what MOS's can do it? If I'm a Combat Engineer, can I be a Security Guard? I know it's a billet, so I know you have to have another MOS before the billet

Thanks

josephd
01-15-11, 09:51 PM
Anyone/any MOS can put in a package for MSG(embassy security) duty once you have been in the fleet for awhile.

Devil1087
01-16-11, 04:11 AM
MSG duty is a b-billet, you can either extend and become MSG, or I've heard some dudes have done two years in the fleet, 2 years MSG and got out.

There's also security forces, that's basically a more high speed version, you guard ships and you guard nukes as well as embassies. I think a FAST platoon actually got sent to reinforce the embassy in Liberia or some sh*thole african country. After your time in SF is up you go to the FMF as a grunt for the remainder of your contract.

Tennessee Top
02-01-11, 04:30 PM
Didn't know we have "dudes" in the Marine Corps...must be some new program HQMC is trying. Thought all the dudes were back on the block with Jody.

You must be a LCpl (E3) to apply for MSG school, not married, and able to receive a final top secret security clearance. You must also be recommended by your command and have certain proficiency/conduct marks. There is a Marine Corps order which covers the prerequisites and the MSG battalion sends out screening teams to the fleet. Security forces don't guard embassies; they may be sent to a particular embassy temporarily as a show of force, provide physical security, or to assist in a rescue/evacuation situation but their mission and training are different than the MSG detachment.

It is OK to think about a possible tour of MSG duty later in your career but your primary goal is to earn the title, learn and become proficient in your MOS, maintain a clean record, keep physically fit, and work hard every day to be the best Marine possible.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-11, 07:36 PM
Closed, answered. "Dude".

(Sorry that was too easy Top)