PDA

View Full Version : Breach of re enlistment contract ? Help!

socalusmc07
01-15-11, 08:13 PM
I need valuable info/input regarding my situation. I recently re enlisted in country July 30th 2010. I got the whole 9 yards in my re enlistment contract. 60 points , the bonus itself , and preference on duty station (including unit mcc xxx). Below is the situation I'm in now in CONUS.

The E7 has told me he has been in contact with the monitor to which he says the monitor is aware of my pcs. E - 7 said I won't get orders until January. This conversation took place beginning of December.

Just this week I had a thorough conversation once again with the E 7. This time he told me that there are 3 openings at the same station ( different command) same MOS. I told the E - 7 " no I don't to go to that unit. My re enlistment contract says otherwise" I told him this 3 different times with tact. He then said somewhere along the lines " It might be one of those things where you'll have to write your congressman".

Next day I made my way to the career jammer. They put me in contact with the career planner in country who re enlisted me. I was advised to call back this Monday 10 a.m. my time to follow up prior to there conversation with my monitor.

Is it possible at all to be sent else where to the same duty station different unit ? When my re enlistment contract says mcc xxx (the unit I re enlisted for).

Is this in anyway a breach of contract ?
To me this is taking a good minute to receive my damn orders.:mad:

Komenko
01-15-11, 08:22 PM
If the unit was listed in your contract which you should have got a copy of then yes I believe it would be! But if in your contract it says only the duty station then no it wouldn't be. Get the statements from the career jammer and a copy of the contract and take it to a Base Lawyer for your situation.

socalusmc07
01-15-11, 09:07 PM
Yes my new unit (mcc xxx) is stated in my contract. To which I have the certified true copy in my possession. Transfer will be effective APR 2011 , tour is accompanied , I have a whole shlew of procedures to go through with orders in hand to get @$#! accomplished. Obviously someone on the other end is not doing their job.

I'm super pumped to get to my new unit. I'll head to legal with statements and contract in hand on a drop of a dime Komenko. Thnx for the advice

Quinbo
01-15-11, 11:27 PM
Because the Army refers to everyone as Sergeant they often refer to them by pay grade. You been hanging around a lot of army folks? I'm curious why it is important to you to get an exact unit? If you are being sent to your requested duty station and will be working in your MOS then what is the problem?

The way I see it is that if you say asked to be sent to say Hawaii as an example and you are getting orders to Hawaii then where is the problem?

socalusmc07
01-15-11, 11:40 PM
Aiiight Sarge