PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Marine Corps

eak123
01-15-11, 01:54 PM
Hello, im looking to becoming an officer in the United States Marine Corps. Im a sophomore in HS at the moment and have started thinking about my future lately. Ive decided to do my share of service for this country and to honor the men before who have given so much while ive given so little in return. I understand a lot about how the Marines works, i make As and Bs and i would say im in decent shape...I weigh 120lbs, im 5,8. I can do 100 push ups in 2 min, 15 pull ups, and can do 110 sit ups. I do not consider myself very fit, and im sure a lot of people dont consider me to be fit based on appearance. I am, however, very determined to joining the Marines and serving among side with some of the finest men this country has to offer. I just want to know what i can do to prepare myself for PLC which i will take my junior year of college. I want to become an infantry officer and i hear that it is challenging to get that mos. Therefore it is important for me to prepare as soon as possible. My other option is to get into field artillery. Can someone describe the daily life as an artillery officer, the duties of an artillery officer, and also do you ever do patrols? Thank you for any advice!

josephd
01-15-11, 02:10 PM
graduate high school, get into college, have fun, and stay out of trouble....don't worry about any sort of career or the Corps yet. If being a Marine/officer is really what you want it will come on its own in good time.

TunTvrnWarrior
01-15-11, 04:52 PM
Concentrate on your grades, enjoy your teenage years, work on your upper body strength, work towards a 300 PFT score on your own and maintain it, go to college and apply with the OSO at that time for PLC.