PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos?

Buhler
01-15-11, 01:46 PM
Hey everyone, does anyone know anything about the Corps' tattoo policy? From what I've heard from the other poolees and my recruiter is that it can void your enlistment or just put you through hell trying to get them approved, but I'm curious as to what the specific rules are.

Btw, I already swore my oath, but I was planning on getting one my 18th birthday, so I wanna find out if it'll mess up my enlistment or not.

Taviah
01-15-11, 02:20 PM
There are threads all about the Tattoo bull****. Basically my recruiter told me to not get one till after SOI. I was told that I am not allowed to while in the DEP. Of course you can but then your recruiter will be ****ed, maybe even drop you from the DEP if he doesn't want to do paper work.

They do not want them to show up in PT clothes and to get a waiver for them on your lower arms or legs you have to be able to cover them with 4 fingers. If two or more are near each other they are considered one tattoo and must be contained under 4 fingers.

Buhler
01-16-11, 01:51 PM
Yeah I asked one of the Marines at the RS whether or not I should do it and he said to wait until you've been in about a year, then get one, so I'll probably wait it out.