PDA

View Full Version : Some Great Photos of WWII

Marine1955
01-15-11, 10:46 AM
Credit to the Denver Post:
Thanks to an alert plane captain for sending this extensive group of photos during WWII, start to finish. I had not seen most of these photos. Most of these are Official USN photos acquired via the 'Midnight Acquisition Office' off the flight deck.
Includes some photos that you may have never seen before. click on below.

Click here: World War II: The Pacific and Adjacent Theaters (http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2010/03/18/captured-blog-the-pacific-and-adjacent-theaters/#more-1547)

AMAZING PICTURES.

USNAviator
01-15-11, 12:01 PM
Credit to the Denver Post:
Thanks to an alert plane captain for sending this extensive group of photos during WWII, start to finish. I had not seen most of these photos. Most of these are Official USN photos acquired via the 'Midnight Acquisition Office' off the flight deck.
Includes some photos that you may have never seen before. click on below.

Click here: World War II: The Pacific and Adjacent Theaters (http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2010/03/18/captured-blog-the-pacific-and-adjacent-theaters/#more-1547)

AMAZING PICTURES.

Great photos and you're right, many of those I have never seen. BTW, I'm surprised Dugout Doug allowed his driver in photo 20 to be so casually attired

sscjoe
01-15-11, 01:06 PM
My favorite is pic#63, SB2C- Curtiss Helldiver.( The Beast)

Integrity57
01-16-11, 11:40 AM
Picture #22 just looks badass.

Zulu 36
01-16-11, 05:17 PM
Great photos and you're right, many of those I have never seen. BTW, I'm surprised Dugout Doug allowed his driver in photo 20 to be so casually attired

You can tell in Pic 20 that the troops are Aussies, and so the driver probably is as well. That explains the casual attire whether Doug likes it or not.

Also in Pic 5, I have previously seen that captioned as a civilian vehicle struck by fragmentation from US anti-aircraft shells improperly fused, which didn't explode in the air, but instead on contact when they fell to earth.

mcvet57103
01-16-11, 09:19 PM
Great Pictures!! SF