PDA

View Full Version : Army strength, Poolees and rocks

DudefromDiego
01-14-11, 08:36 PM
So here is an interesting (but long) story that goes back to roughly early December. We have been having a kid at out RSS joining us for our weekend PT sessions. Not a Poolee, but nonetheless, a regular. Now for the most part we go to MCAS Miramar for our "fun runs" so to speak, but occasionally we go to the abundant canyons which are always the most intense. Now enter this kid. Wants to be a Poolee, obviously a Marine, but can't pass the ASVAB if his life depended on it. (dude scored a 4) Now he is also a bit of a turd. I say this because he is always making wise a$$ remarks, giving the recruiters attitude, and generally just never stops talking. Unfortunately for him, one of our Staff Sergeants has grown tired of this. So during our last canyon run, the recruiters exacted some revenge. While scaling a seemingly never ending hill, this kid was ****ing and moaning about the whole thing. So on the way back, one of the Sergeants gave him a new friend: a 25 lb. boulder named "Rocky". He told him that if this kid let that boulder touch the deck, everybody would suffer. And thanks to him, we did. Now flash forward to the RSS and we are filling up the govies and headed home. This kid gets his dad involved:cry: (on speaker phone I might add) and suddenly the XO is on the phone with the Staff Sergeant. Now this kid felt that the recruiters abused him. (Honestly though, he wasn't getting treated like fecal matter. PT doesn't stand for PlayTime) Flash forward to a week later at our next PT session. While we are mingling in the office, guess who shows up?... and wearing a Army Strong backpack. Yup. The kid. We were speechless. But the recruiters didn't like this. Not. one. bit. So this kid goes on his spill about how the Army treats him with respect and gives him cool stuff and that the Marine Corps doesn't. :devious: He says how the recruiters have no right to talk to him the way they did, and that us Poolees should join him and become Army strong. Once he his done speaking, you could hear a pin drop in that room. Then one of the recruiters shows him the door without saying a word. I don't know what is more pathetic. The fact that he thought the recruiters were bullying him, or the fact that he had the balls to start ranting about the Army RIGHT in the RSS. I'm just a Poolee, but we don't need people like him serving the Corps in any way, shape or form. Let's just hope he never passes the ASVAB ;)

Taviah
01-14-11, 08:47 PM
How can you get a 4 on the ASVAB? Even if you choose C for every answer or have Down syndrome a better score is expected.

The recruiter out here has a "Can't Hack it" Wall for all the people that he kicked out of the DEP. So we can see the faces of who we don't want to be like.

lake9
01-14-11, 09:11 PM
How can you get a 4 on the ASVAB? Even if you choose C for every answer or have Down syndrome a better score is expected.

The recruiter out here has a "Can't Hack it" Wall for all the people that he kicked out of the DEP. So we can see the faces of who we don't want to be like.

lmao we got the same thing. we call it "Wall of Shame"

What a ****ing loser...He didnt have balls to walk into the office and rant he was just so ****ing retarded he didnt know the hell he was doing. i find he insulting he even thought about joining the Marines...

lake9
01-14-11, 09:21 PM
lmao we got the same thing. we call it "Wall of Shame"

What a ****ing loser...He didnt have balls to walk into the office and rant he was just so ****ing retarded he didnt know the hell he was doing. i find it insulting he even thought about joining the Marines...

IT*
i rushed when typing that. i was rage typing haha, those kind of people make me sick.

Taviah
01-14-11, 09:23 PM
All of the people that don't have what it takes only makes it that much sweeter to be given the opportunity to earn the Eagle Globe and Anchor.

RogueSteel
01-14-11, 09:58 PM
Not everyone has what it takes to become a Marine, there will always be wannabes and posers. He can live his life the Army way, and hopefully we'll all be Marines some day. Not like he would have been an asset (based on this story) I do like how the DEP kind of pre-weeds out all the non-hackers who do not pack the gear etc etc....

Just keep training, improving, getting stronger and studying your knowledge. On that day at graduation, you will know you've made it and why people like him don't cut it %150,

Vise
01-14-11, 10:27 PM
What a worthless SOB.

Hummel
01-14-11, 10:49 PM
If you choose C for everyone you get a 4. One kid in my school didn't care when we all took and it he put C for everything and got a 4. Ha, If Army want him, they can have him. I like to be Army strong everyonce and while, but then I get off the couch and do somthing.

Taviah
01-14-11, 10:54 PM
Should have made an ascending and descending stair pattern

wilsontc11
01-15-11, 01:57 AM
you have to TRY to score a 4 on the ASVAB.... lol.

DevilDogsSon269
01-15-11, 02:22 AM
To start, I am not a poolee anymore if the status under my name still says it... thought I took care of it.
Anyways... this aggrivates and irks the hell out of me... This little turd wants to join and be a Marine and all gung ho and ****... he gives the recruiters attitude? Wtf! A kid came in and DEPd and he gave a recruiter attitude on one of our pool functions and our recruiters all got in his face screaming and yelling, kicked him out even... those recruiters were very level headed... our PT deck looked like a small taste of PI for that few minutes... then afterwards our game of flag football turned into dodgeball so the recruiters could vent since they chose to not knock the kid out. This also irks me because that little **** was given an opportunity that was TAKEN from me and he chose to screw his up. I lost my opportunity when I effed up my shoulder and couldnt pass the IST. I hadnt known I tore a rotator cuff at the time... I lost my place to stay and due to my injuries I had no choice but to leave the DEP and move to st louis.(our recruiting area doesnt do courtesy ships) This ****es me off bc I hate hearing stories where *******s like this pussyfoot about and they half ass when I busted my ass in DEP.... I was at the office everyday of the 5-6 day work week working out with my recruiters at the GYM and running... I was in great shape until I got hurt... it ****es me off bc they are given a great opportunity I would kill to still have. I hate when I see people ***** out, thank God the DEP weeds those dicks out.

Finally, that little **** better not join the Army. Due to events listed above^ I had to get a waiver to rejoin and st louis MEPS didnt sign off on it... so I have to wait two years before being eligible to rejoin. So for now, I am taking another path of opportunity and yes that is the Army... no I wont be staying in I will be returning to the Marines asap. Well the deal is with me joining is I see it as this opportunity... My family is full of Recon, S/Sniper and infantry Marines... many schools all three can go to are Army schools... such as ranger school, airborne, freefall, dive school(navy runs this for all branches). I see it as an opportunity to get many of those out of the way while in and better my self for my future as a Marine. I am following my family's tradition of being hardcore... and I will take everything I can out of the five years of being a "soldier"(gags a little) but to better my future as a good Marine. (contract: combat engineer w/ SF option(looking at picking up SF Engineer Sergeant is why I went CE)

Onward to my point about this... the army doesnt need a turd like him either... wtf is with little ****s like him joining thinking they are hardcore ****? You dont pass the asvab buddy... army aint gna take you either fat boy.

Anways now that my ranting about people not hacking it is over how is everyone been? Most of yall are new since I was last on... all my online buddy's and bestfriends are on the island (sadface Im suppose to be there too)

Oh and for the record, my shoulder is almost fully healed now. It just sucks that the officer signing my waiver didnt approve it and understand my situation... but I see it as a fork in the road and this path still leads to the EGA... and on that road I can learn to become much stronger mentally and physically and handle anything for when I become a Marine.

IHaveEGA843
01-15-11, 10:15 AM
Seems kindly the opposite with me. The Army recruiters were trying to push me out as fast as possible. 1 day we talked, next day we took the asvab, and the last day with them they had me scheduled to go to MEPS. Mind you I went in there asking where the Marine RS was because I never seen one in the area I was residing in at the time.

Never went back....

SMH I wouldve loved that type of PT session. Those who complain anyway dont have what it takes because if they cant handle the little recruiters bs then they damn sure cant take the DI's high octane yelling when you mess up.

My legs are still sore as hell from the last PT session we had but you know what.....**** feels good especially knowing they see the potential and keep saying "Bro....you're going to be a bad ass marine." I'm older then yall and in certain events its hard keeping up with yall but I do. Usually I start out strong and eventually start lagging but I keep pushing regardless and I'll never complaing BECAUSE THIS WAS MY DECISION!!!!!

Tell him that next time before you slam the door knob on his ass, "It was your decision to come in here and train with us dumb ass nobody forced you. Obviously you cant take the humps with us so go with the Hooahh's and run a lazy lap around the RS buildings punk.....**** outta my face Ma-fail....."

Say that young poolee....your recruiters will praise you and laugh like hell

wilsontc11
01-15-11, 10:52 AM
Honestly, i'm glad they didn't let that kid slime through the DEP. He would be "the one" as my DIs used to say, to get the entire platoon destroyed (though it WILL happen regardless).

Gale
01-15-11, 10:57 AM
Well, if he does pass it let's hope he's just Army strong!

DevilDogsSon269
01-15-11, 01:57 PM
Honestly, i'm glad they didn't let that kid slime through the DEP. He would be "the one" as my DIs used to say, to get the entire platoon destroyed (though it WILL happen regardless).

you a Marine now wilson?

DevilDogsSon269
01-15-11, 02:00 PM
Well, if he does pass it let's hope he's just Army strong!

****er had better not be in my platoon... I'll tear his PV2 ass up... got my PFC(E-3contract) squared away.

Diego... what was he wanting for his job at the RSS? maybe tell me what hes looking for in the Army... that way I can be ready to show him hell if he does make it.

DudefromDiego
01-15-11, 03:26 PM
Yeah, he still isn't in the Army, but he goes around flaunting all the free schwag he is getting from them. He goes to my school. I doubt that ASVAB score will do a total u-turn any time soon, so until then he can enjoy his Army strong backpack and stickers. I had to "earn" my Poolee shirt and tin. This little puke can't get into any branch of the armed forces and he has scored more stuff than I could ever think of. That's the Army for ya.

DevilDogsSon269
01-15-11, 03:44 PM
Yeah, he still isn't in the Army, but he goes around flaunting all the free schwag he is getting from them. He goes to my school. I doubt that ASVAB score will do a total u-turn any time soon, so until then he can enjoy his Army strong backpack and stickers. I had to "earn" my Poolee shirt and tin. This little puke can't get into any branch of the armed forces and he has scored more stuff than I could ever think of. That's the Army for ya.

Lol I havent gotton dirt from the Army... only reason why is bc my recruiter is a Marine and he believes in earning your ****(I have: APFT score:298. And my contracts whoot! I think he said he owes me something but oh well IDGAF bout rewards... only real reward is my training and service and the possitive marks on my SRB)... he had similar situation but instead.... it was injury after he got in.
I had to do 10 pullups at MEPS for my Pool Shirt XD loved every minute in the DEP and had dicks for recruiters but our RS expected nothing less than perfection.

Taviah
01-15-11, 03:45 PM
He probably bought it all himself, I doubt any branch of military would want that kid. He sounds like a fairy with delusions of grandeur.

DudefromDiego
01-15-11, 03:45 PM
****er had better not be in my platoon... I'll tear his PV2 ass up... got my PFC(E-3contract) squared away.

Diego... what was he wanting for his job at the RSS? maybe tell me what hes looking for in the Army... that way I can be ready to show him hell if he does make it.

He was the kind of dude who thought being a Marine was just walking around in dress blues all day. I can't imagine what he would want to do in the Army. He was a "hang out" at the RSS, but I don't really recall the MOS he wanted. Sucks because I'm stuck with Logistics (either that or peeling potatoes) and I think this kid wanted to become a scout sniper (*facepalm* so does everybody else). He took the practice ASVAB at the office when I was there, and when he came out he said it was a cake walk and that he was going to be doing intel or recon. When the tool saw that he got a 4, I think he saw the aspirations get crushed. But he was always complaining about how the recruiters were working us too hard and that we should take water breaks. Recruiters were never too fond of him, and on several occasions we told him there was no PT just so we wouldn't have to deal with him. Yeah so I guess we were too mean to him. I guess Army strength doesn't include mental strength.

DevilDogsSon269
01-15-11, 04:46 PM
He was the kind of dude who thought being a Marine was just walking around in dress blues all day. I can't imagine what he would want to do in the Army. He was a "hang out" at the RSS, but I don't really recall the MOS he wanted. Sucks because I'm stuck with Logistics (either that or peeling potatoes) and I think this kid wanted to become a scout sniper (*facepalm* so does everybody else). He took the practice ASVAB at the office when I was there, and when he came out he said it was a cake walk and that he was going to be doing intel or recon. When the tool saw that he got a 4, I think he saw the aspirations get crushed. But he was always complaining about how the recruiters were working us too hard and that we should take water breaks. Recruiters were never too fond of him, and on several occasions we told him there was no PT just so we wouldn't have to deal with him. Yeah so I guess we were too mean to him. I guess Army strength doesn't include mental strength.

Thats other **** that ****es me off... people who join all gung ho thinking they all can be Snipers or Recon. I want to as well but not for the wrong Xbox Warrior bs reasons. I wanted to try out to be a sniper for two reasons... Id rather be out there protecting my Marines than just destroying the enemy... and two if I dont have to pull the trigger I wont and that goes hand in hand with the first reason... I wont pull if I dont have to but if I have to I want to make sure it hits target and prevents a brother from harm.

Army does have a good bit of mental strength but unless your a grunt, ranger or SF most of them are pretty much soft. Thing is... Im not knocking anyones PT at their RS... but our CO takes pride in the fact that all our recruits come out PFCs or Honor Grad... our CO and the recruiters are huge on PT and if he thinks recuiters there and poolees there were harsh he has no Idea how bad it could be at other RS. Our A Gunner is a former DI and from 1800-2000 we were to refer to ourselves at this poolee these poolees or that poolee. We were to address him as Sergeant Richardson, Staff Sergeant Mac or Sergeant Bordenvall... further more we were at attention mouths such with our guidon. We were shirts tucked in, proper PT gear colors and paterns, and approved PT shirts. We also were worked until he felt we got a good workout and put out not until X time or Y time... We were to scream at the top of our lungs and not pussy foot. Our recruiting station didnt put up with whiners, *****in, attitude nothing... most of the recruiters there maintained a certain expectation of us even while in the RS and not PTing. I was there everyday often all day. When I was told to do something it was "yes sir" and do it with speed and intensity. I believe people do not realize the DEP is to prepare you for bootcamp and thats where they dont realize it is nothing like it. Hell I enjoyed our treatment at the RS and that wasnt even half the **** we did... or had to do. If he thinks that was bad DIs Instructors and Fleet NCOICs and officers would chew his ass and spit him out. And hate to say it but honestly the Army isnt a cakewalk either... its not as long but its still hard... and it doesnt get easier... once in everything is on the individual... help will be given when needed but if you cant make it happen on your own you will not be a good soldier. Sadly, people dont realize how tough the Army and Marines have it at first, they think Ima do this or that... and they just got off the couch after 18 years... I was on a couch for two years... one bc of broken leg and another from rebreaking it(car accident and work accident) and for me it was hard getting back in shape and I was a tough kid when I was in HS and MS(sports like crazy) I think the most beneficial thing we could possibly do as poolees in either branch, or the Soldiers or Marines... is show people what its really about not this BS people hear and see. I am tired of people thinking they can be my cousins or my dad bc they say they are going to... my dad and cousins earned their EGAs, some their HOGs teeth, and others their campaign hats... and their recon patches or medals or whatever. I hate when people try to be them when they dont have the heart. I dont want people like that in any branch... why? bc its *******s like them who get good Marines and Soldiers killed.

lake9
01-15-11, 05:15 PM
Thats other **** that ****es me off... people who join all gung ho thinking they all can be Snipers or Recon. I want to as well but not for the wrong Xbox Warrior bs reasons. I wanted to try out to be a sniper for two reasons... Id rather be out there protecting my Marines than just destroying the enemy... and two if I dont have to pull the trigger I wont and that goes hand in hand with the first reason... I wont pull if I dont have to but if I have to I want to make sure it hits target and prevents a brother from harm.

Army does have a good bit of mental strength but unless your a grunt, ranger or SF most of them are pretty much soft. Thing is... Im not knocking anyones PT at their RS... but our CO takes pride in the fact that all our recruits come out PFCs or Honor Grad... our CO and the recruiters are huge on PT and if he thinks recuiters there and poolees there were harsh he has no Idea how bad it could be at other RS. Our A Gunner is a former DI and from 1800-2000 we were to refer to ourselves at this poolee these poolees or that poolee. We were to address him as Sergeant Richardson, Staff Sergeant Mac or Sergeant Bordenvall... further more we were at attention mouths such with our guidon. We were shirts tucked in, proper PT gear colors and paterns, and approved PT shirts. We also were worked until he felt we got a good workout and put out not until X time or Y time... We were to scream at the top of our lungs and not pussy foot. Our recruiting station didnt put up with whiners, *****in, attitude nothing... most of the recruiters there maintained a certain expectation of us even while in the RS and not PTing. I was there everyday often all day. When I was told to do something it was "yes sir" and do it with speed and intensity. I believe people do not realize the DEP is to prepare you for bootcamp and thats where they dont realize it is nothing like it. Hell I enjoyed our treatment at the RS and that wasnt even half the **** we did... or had to do. If he thinks that was bad DIs Instructors and Fleet NCOICs and officers would chew his ass and spit him out. And hate to say it but honestly the Army isnt a cakewalk either... its not as long but its still hard... and it doesnt get easier... once in everything is on the individual... help will be given when needed but if you cant make it happen on your own you will not be a good soldier. Sadly, people dont realize how tough the Army and Marines have it at first, they think Ima do this or that... and they just got off the couch after 18 years... I was on a couch for two years... one bc of broken leg and another from rebreaking it(car accident and work accident) and for me it was hard getting back in shape and I was a tough kid when I was in HS and MS(sports like crazy) I think the most beneficial thing we could possibly do as poolees in either branch, or the Soldiers or Marines... is show people what its really about not this BS people hear and see. I am tired of people thinking they can be my cousins or my dad bc they say they are going to... my dad and cousins earned their EGAs, some their HOGs teeth, and others their campaign hats... and their recon patches or medals or whatever. I hate when people try to be them when they dont have the heart. I dont want people like that in any branch... why? bc its *******s like them who get good Marines and Soldiers killed.

hey man i hate sh*tbags too! But dont blame other people for where you end up in life. please refer to the rocky speech. Its a movie. but very true and motivating. also refers to your situation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uASVzkrEKgs&feature=related

kjohnson8824
01-15-11, 05:43 PM
I had a poolee function today at a reserve base. They first Sergent in charge was a former drill instructor, He said he used to have competitions with other DI's on who can make the most recruits...

wilsontc11
01-15-11, 05:46 PM
you a Marine now wilson?yes. graduated Jan 7th, just dont want to change my status to Marine so I can keep posting in this section

Nerd
01-15-11, 08:25 PM
What a worthless SOB.

my thoughts too, Poolee Vise.

There was a guy in my DEP kind of similar. Wanted to be a Marine, but NEVER showed up to PT, and ALWAYS had an excuse. He got kicked out. Now he's joining the Army. He was all like "I'm gonna be Ranger! Hooha!"

But now his MOS is motor T or some other POG job like that. No ranger for him. worthless.

wilsontc11
01-15-11, 09:26 PM
You guys shouldn't hate on the Army, or any other branch until you've actually become Marines and gone out to the operating forces.

and Motor T is pretty dangerous considering IEDs are the most dangerous thing in Afghanistan... if you're going to rip on somebody for not being infantry(and seriously, until you've earned the right to call yourself an infantrymen, don't call other people POGs. You signed a line, thats it) make fun of admin or food service...

Taviah
01-15-11, 09:43 PM
You guys shouldn't hate on the Army, or any other branch until you've actually become Marines and gone out to the operating forces.

and Motor T is pretty dangerous considering IEDs are the most dangerous thing in Afghanistan... if you're going to rip on somebody for not being infantry(and seriously, until you've earned the right to call yourself an infantrymen, don't call other people POGs. You signed a line, thats it) make fun of admin or food service...

I agree, I don't insult certain branches like that, but honestly. That guy isn't even fit for the Army.

IHaveEGA843
01-15-11, 10:06 PM
Wilson is right because for anybody to serve in our nations armed forces should have the respect for atleast doing something many wouldnt.

I pick with my father about the Air Force and he retired out of it. It's all in fun though.

DevilDogsSon269
01-16-11, 08:21 AM
yes. graduated Jan 7th, just dont want to change my status to Marine so I can keep posting in this section

I think you can post as a Marine in any section... but I see where you coming from and Gratz.

DevilDogsSon269
01-16-11, 08:32 AM

This is definately something I agree on... and not because I am joining another branch now. Anyman willing to go to battle or do a job for their ountry others wont do to keep the rights of this country and the world is truly not a light decision or an easy life. Any of us who join need to understand... just because we were trained different(speaking future terms here) doesnt mean someone in another branch isnt capable of what you are... Prime example... many Recon Marines both in my Family and friends have even said that Ranger School was no joke... some even say it was the hardest training they received. Also keep in mind each branch has different mission goals... primary goal of the Marine Corps has always been an invading force. Primary goal of the Army is intel and occupying. Sure the BCT isnt as tough and many of the men in the Army are much more relaxed and they are lax about weight and stuff like that but keep in mind many of them are also doing the same job and same fight as you and at just the same pace. Honestly looking at the APFT vs Marine PFT... the only difference in how hard it is is the run... and honestly the time they givce you it equates to the same pace for the Marine Corps... if you made a Soldier run the three mile and he first class PFTs in an APFT he likely will in the MPFT... also Army esp infantry do longdistance fast runs... 5 or less minutes a mile and for up to 10 or more miles and the least being 5. Army is a tough bunch... but the difference comes in discipline more than anything... Army training is less intense by a far degree except in combat fields... but keep in mind there is way less Marines than Soldiers and Marines have to be on par with the Army's strength with a lot less men... that means intensity, speed, readiness and discipline. Nough bout the Army...

Honestly, people who join need to be more realistic, they need to join for the right reasons... I wanted the EGA, to carry on family tradition, to be contested as the best and to be the best... the job I wanted only the Marines are best in... I wanted a lot more than this but this was easier said.

DudefromDiego
01-16-11, 05:47 PM
Well, sure we tease the Army at times, but it is all in good fun. It's like a sibling rivalry really. And being in San Diego which is a huge military town there is that sense of atmosphere with the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard all calling my fair city home. At the end of the day, when the chips are all in, we all serve under one flag. And all of us wrote a blank check to Uncle Sam to defend that flag at any and all costs. Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Airman or Coastie we all have each others backs. :iwo:

Nerd
01-16-11, 06:05 PM

Why are you in the Army but on this site? o.0

lake9
01-16-11, 06:07 PM
Why are you in the Army but on this site? o.0

From what i read he wanted to be a Marine but didn't cut it.

IHaveEGA843
01-16-11, 09:04 PM
^^^weird....

kjohnson8824
01-16-11, 09:56 PM
he got injured and couldn't get a waiver don't feel too special just yet

lake9
01-16-11, 10:25 PM
he got injured and couldn't get a waiver don't feel too special just yet

i'm teasing relax

DevilDogsSon269
01-17-11, 09:59 AM
Well, sure we tease the Army at times, but it is all in good fun. It's like a sibling rivalry really. And being in San Diego which is a huge military town there is that sense of atmosphere with the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard all calling my fair city home. At the end of the day, when the chips are all in, we all serve under one flag. And all of us wrote a blank check to Uncle Sam to defend that flag at any and all costs. Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Airman or Coastie we all have each others backs. :iwo:

Good words... and even though Im gonna be a ******* "hooah" I still give my army friends ****.

DevilDogsSon269
01-17-11, 10:01 AM
From what i read he wanted to be a Marine but didn't cut it.

i'm teasing relax

Lmao... thems fighting words!
Couldnt cut it huh... lets go run a PFT boss! XD

DevilDogsSon269
01-17-11, 10:05 AM
I hate waivers... ******* two years before eligible to get in w/o waiver again... oh well... ill make do with what I got... as long as I get to get that paycheck and do some fighting or just plain my job between now and when I can go earn my EGA... then I will stay content.... just gotta keep focus.

Injuries = FUBAR! stay safe guys... dont end up in my shoes... it sucks, hard.

lake9
01-17-11, 11:53 AM
I hate waivers... ******* two years before eligible to get in w/o waiver again... oh well... ill make do with what I got... as long as I get to get that paycheck and do some fighting or just plain my job between now and when I can go earn my EGA... then I will stay content.... just gotta keep focus.

i bet dude. its one of my biggest fears.

Kiri
01-17-11, 12:33 PM
dickhead

RBrouse
01-18-11, 12:13 AM

that is my biggest problem right now I'm getting hurt like almost every other day so far it hasn't been anything that'll get me DQ'd but with the way things have been going I'll be lucky if I can walk in a week

kjohnson8824
01-18-11, 07:36 AM
Yeah same here, Im more worried about breaking a leg or something and getting dropped than going through the actual training

DevilDogsSon269
01-18-11, 10:06 AM
that is my biggest problem right now I'm getting hurt like almost every other day so far it hasn't been anything that'll get me DQ'd but with the way things have been going I'll be lucky if I can walk in a week

Yeah same here, Im more worried about breaking a leg or something and getting dropped than going through the actual training

Heres some motivating words from my former SNCOIC Recruiter Head... Gunny...

Hes a former Recon. "are you hurt or are you injured?"

Hurt means you can keep going even if you dont want to. Listen to your body... youll know when your injured. Just stay away from doing stupid and overly strenuous things that can cause harm.

I got injured from overworking. Tore a rotator and didnt notice until a week after. Sadly the CO wouldnt sign off a waiver to allow me back in immediately. Which I was then told I am inelligable to reenlist for two years with out that waiver which means I have to wait until then(or enlist via army in the mean time so i can start my life and get paid and get something going, its not the Marines and I know its hard to go from prior service to reenlist esp to another branch but thats why you square away **** and make sure your G2G). Luckily later when I am eligible I will be able to get back in with just the surgery waiver and not the reenlistment waiver that screwed me.

Just be careful and stay strong. If your hurt your hurt... suck it up and move on... if its something more dont hold it in it just gets you into trouble.

You all have a long trek ahead... take it easy while you can. That doesnt mean be a couch potato but dont over do it... working out can also have reverse affects just like mine.(and no, I wasnt using weights. It was pull up pyramids. over worked the muscle til it was weak then the next day tore it during PT is the only thing we could think of considering injury age and the way it got torn was via stressing and not immediate.)

kjohnson8824
01-18-11, 10:35 AM
Never said I'm worried about being hurt, I said I don't want some serious injury that would screw me over. I would be pretty bs

DevilDogsSon269
01-19-11, 10:34 AM
Exactly. Just watch your six, and the man in front of you's six and take care of eachother... if you cant at least do that then how could you be anything but a ChAirman XD?

NRhodes
05-27-11, 11:57 PM
I know a guy that got a 5 on it the first time, and wants to join the Air Force. <br />
We had a dude show up one PT with a Army sweatshirt (West Point Army, but still) got made fun of so damn much, still...