PDA

View Full Version : ASVAB Questions

Wannabe2011
01-12-11, 06:39 PM
Hello Marines... this is just a general question about the ASVAB. I took the practice version in an AF recruiting center nearby and scored a 96/99 but didn't take note of my line scores which is proving to be rather troublesome now that I'm looking into enlisting as a Marine and hopefully being a 2818 or 2821. Does anyone know whether the 96 AFQT says anything about my underlying line scores?

Also, when I go in for the actual ASVAB will they allow use of a calculator? When I was in the recruiting center I didn't use one and had no need to but now that I try to take the practice version on military(dot)com it seems the questions are proving to be a tad bit harder to compute in my head.

I'm gladly awaiting your answers, Marines!

~Stephen~

gonzo4
01-12-11, 06:48 PM
Don't worry about it. You don't get a calculator from what I remember but its not hard. Snickers and Mt Dew are good pre test snacks trust me.

Wannabe2011
01-12-11, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Anybody else possibly have an answer for the first question?

Also, what are the physical requirements when you go through MEPs to advance to boot camp?

~Stephen~

Lisa 23
01-12-11, 07:16 PM
Show some initiative and try using the search bar on MEPS......it's been covered before, and you can also google it too.

Wannabe2011
01-12-11, 07:50 PM
Show some initiative and try using the search bar on MEPS......it's been covered before, and you can also google it too.

Googled it and found what I was looking for. :thumbup:

Still wondering whether the AFQT says anything about my line scores. I'll try googling a bit on that but if any of you marines have any info let me know! Thanks a bunch.

~Stephen~

Devil1087
01-12-11, 08:33 PM
If you're rocking a 96, you can do anything you want.

north0
01-12-11, 09:49 PM
The AFQT is a percentile score. You can't tell anything about your line scores from your AFQT, only that they were better than 96% of people who took the ASVAB.

SSgt Lamie
01-13-11, 09:02 AM
The QT score won't translate towards your line scores at all. I've seen guys take the ASVAB and get a 95 QT and all their line scores be below 100, and I've also seen guys with a 40 QT score who have line scores in the 115 range.

Wannabe2011
01-13-11, 11:21 AM
Thanks a bunch Marines. I'll hopefully be going in this weekend to speak with the recruiter and get things rollin.

~Stephen~