PDA

View Full Version : Determined wanabe needs advice on PT

MotoinMA
01-09-11, 06:45 PM
Hello all:
I am a 19 year old female college student from MA. It has been my goal to make the journey to Parris Island, SC to earn the title. However, there are some road blocks, the main one being my weight. I am roughly 5'3" and weigh 175lbs. I am aware that I am over the limit and would just like some advice on how to drop this weight so I can get started with achieving my goal. Any exercise/diet plans you suggest would be much appreciated. Please keep in mind that I do not consume soda, alcohol, or drugs of any kind (unlike most of my family). I am doing this because I want to serve my country. I was an athlete all of my life and just stopped when my parents divorced and essentially lost custody of my sister and I.
Again any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
MotoinMA

josephd
01-09-11, 07:33 PM
Its simple really, burn more calories than you eat. Start running a few miles a week along with some weight training.

MotoinMA
01-09-11, 07:39 PM
Thanks.

SSgt Lamie
01-13-11, 08:55 AM
Check out the site marathonrookie.com and use the training plan for a 5K or 10K. Not only will that help you getting into shape, it will also assist you in dropping a few pounds.

Take a look at your diet. Cut out all sodas, candy, fast foods, fried stuff and anything else that you may think is holding up your weight loss. And avoid all of those weight loss supplements around the market, they don't work at all.

Marine3451
01-13-11, 08:57 AM
Paleo Diet and Crossfit 5 times a week

DrZ
01-13-11, 09:25 AM
I have to tell you.... after leaving the Marines, I promptly put on about 20 pounds. After another 20 years, I had another 30 pounds sneak in there from somewhere. So here I was at almost 60 years old and 50 lbs heavier than I have ever been. First I cut Cokes out of my diet and started working out again. That was about 4 months ago. I have currently dropped about 25 lbs and am looking to drop another 25 ASAP since I am uhhhh somewhat more mature than many here and don't want to find myself old and fat. I can handle one but not both!

Look at your entire life. Not only your eating habits but your lifestyle. Often it is easier just to drive through somewhere and grab something as opposed to making something at home and that is a big mistake. Alcoholic beverages have quite a few calories so you will want to avoid them. Change your lifestyle and your eating habits....work out....and study the site that SSgt Lamie recommended.

I acknowledge that it is not as easy for a woman to lose weight but if you focus on your goals.... you can accomplish anything.

Best of luck to you.