PDA

View Full Version : Dep Pt

crodgers4101
01-09-11, 03:49 PM
Here is what is going on my recruiter is about a 45 min drive away. There is a recruiting station about 15min from my house is there a possibly i can PT at the closer station? Or is this a question for my recruiter. Thanks Marines!!

SGT7477
01-09-11, 04:31 PM
Can't you PT on your own? Semper Fidelis

crodgers4101
01-09-11, 04:38 PM
i do pt on my own but it is always good to pt with outer pooles so network ya know and also i need to learn basic marching and stuff.

KidnapSix
01-09-11, 11:28 PM
You will learn plenty of "basic marching" in bootcamp trust me. I didn't learn any before boot and I did just fine.

But as for your question.. myself and i'm certain most of the other Marines on here can't tell you for certain. I don't see why they wouldn't allow it. Just give them a call and ask yourself.

Casedizzy2821
01-09-11, 11:54 PM
Here is what is going on my recruiter is about a 45 min drive away. There is a recruiting station about 15min from my house is there a possibly i can PT at the closer station? Or is this a question for my recruiter. Thanks Marines!!

Of course you can PT at any RS. Both recruiters will understand. Enjoy your last days as a civilian. If your recruiter cries about it, tell him to pick you up and drop you off for PT. That's his job. He's too busy to do that, so I'm sure he won't mind you PT'ing closer, as long as your PT'ing.

i don't know why the other responses are so negative. Just answer the kids question. Nothing wrong with trying to learn drill before you ship. Of course it will help. If you know drill prior, you are more likely to get a guide or squad leader position (assuming you're not a fatass or retarded).

Also PT'ing on your own is cool, but PT'ing with your peers is more motivating. Good job on showing initiative poolee.

crodgers4101
01-10-11, 06:50 AM
Of course you can PT at any RS. Both recruiters will understand. Enjoy your last days as a civilian. If your recruiter cries about it, tell him to pick you up and drop you off for PT. That's his job. He's too busy to do that, so I'm sure he won't mind you PT'ing closer, as long as your PT'ing.

i don't know why the other responses are so negative. Just answer the kids question. Nothing wrong with trying to learn drill before you ship. Of course it will help. If you know drill prior, you are more likely to get a guide or squad leader position (assuming you're not a fatass or retarded).

Also PT'ing on your own is cool, but PT'ing with your peers is more motivating. Good job on showing initiative poolee.

Thanks man this is something i have wanted to do my whole life and now it is all coming together.