PDA

View Full Version : Ears to Hear

Captain Kirk
01-09-11, 07:26 AM
Lord we pray for all those who have been wounded or fallen in Arizona. We pray for the families and friends that you would comfort them. We pray for healing for those who were wounded. We pray for comfort for the families of those who were killed.

Lord we thank you for the miraculous treatment and medical care for those who have been wounded.

Lord we pray for your righteousness to be restored in our world.

Amen
In Matthew 13:11 Jesus said, “And He replied to them, To you it has been given to know the secrets and mysteries of the Kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.”
See, we have our Bible stories, but they’re not just Bible stories. Hidden in those stories are mysteries that can bring revelation to us about how the Kingdom of God operates, but we must have ears to hear. When we talk about ears, we mean your spirit. These mysteries are meant for you. You’re not supposed to just stumble along, and hope things will work out. You’re supposed to advance!
But, we forget we’re in a battle. We don’t take the spiritual adversary we have seriously. We’ve been watching TV and cartoons all of our lives and we downplay him to just some guy with horns and a red cape. But Satan is alive and demons are real and they don’t want to see you prosper and advance in God’s mission for your life. This is the reason the Bible says Jesus spoke everything in parables – to keep things from the enemy.
Think about it. The adversary would love to cut you off at the pass. God prevents that by keeping things hidden until the right time.
When we first started our TV ministry, our bills were big. Every month we were watching $50,000 - $70,000 go out the door. It was really tough. When you’re not used to spending that kind of money, it can get pretty unnerving. And that’s where I was. So, one day I was praying. I’ll call it that, but I was really complaining. I was telling God how there just wasn’t enough money in the account and that this was a really tough spot to be in. He listened for a few minutes and then he rebuked me. He said, “Is it due today?”
See, one of the weapons of our warfare is timing – spiritual timing. We don’t understand it, but God does. So, He shows up at the midnight hour. He waits until the last second so that the enemy can’t bring interference and hold things up. Because, if Satan understands the plan of God, he will change tactics to intercept it. He’ll bring pressure, trouble, and persecution against us. He’ll do everything he can to stop it.
Think of it like a really great spy movie. That’s how God does things. He moves behind the scenes with people that don’t look like the “right” people. Look at me – I was the poster child for debt. But God delights in using people like me. Or, people like David.
David came into the camp and saw Goliath ranting and raving. Saul offered David his armor, but David wouldn’t take it. He ran out to the battle line with only his staff and his sling. Yep – the Bible actually says he ran toward Goliath. Goliath was taken off guard. The tactic worked and David killed him.
God’s going to use unusual ways to advance His cause right under the nose of the enemy. Psalm 23 says God delights in preparing a table for you in the presence of your enemy. He loves that. We do, too. God wants to use you like that, but you have to have ears to hear.
In II Corinthians 11, Paul talks about his escape from a king. Look at it. The walls were all shut up. There was no way to escape. Paul was in a situation where they were going to take his life. It was impossible for him to escape, but God made a way. Paul was let down in a basket through a small window in the wall. Now, I want you to underline this next part. Underline where Paul says, “…and I escaped through his fingers.”
This is what your life should sound like as you follow God! If you have ears to hear, your life will be spent slipping through the enemy’s hands and advancing the cause of God with your life.
Many times in the New Testament, it’s recorded that people wanted to stone Jesus, but that He slipped through the enemy’s hands. In the end, Jesus’ life wasn’t taken – He laid it down.
The thing you have to get used to, though, is the intimidation of the event. It’s not easy to wait until the midnight hour. It’s not easy to not know where the money is coming from or how in the world you’re going to defeat a giant. It’s not easy to listen to the enemy howling at you. But, if you have ears to hear, you’ll know the tactic before it comes. You’ll have a way of escape. God will make sure that you slip through the cracks. But you have to be confident in being able to hear and letting the Holy Spirit lead you. Unusual and amazing things will happen when you have ears to hear.
Why did Jesus tell Peter to catch a fish? I’m sure they probably had enough money to pay their temple tax, but Jesus was a teacher. He had to teach them how this thing operated. He knew He was only going to be there for a limited amount of time. So He taught them.
How unusual do you think it was to catch a fish with money in its mouth? Jesus was teaching Peter to take unusual instructions. See, the enemy knows your weaknesses. When God gives you instructions, He’s going to give you an unusual strategy in order to protect His plan. Jesus was training Peter to get accustomed to unusual instructions. Granted, He had him catch a fish. Peter knew how to catch fish and the enemy knew Peter knew how to catch fish. So it wasn’t a big deal. As far as the enemy was concerned, Peter was going about his normal day. But God was using an unusual tactic. And, Jesus said the first fish. Peter had to be obedient to instruction. We have to be obedient to instruction, too.
God knows where things are. He knows where your provision is. It’s not going to come in the typical way you think it will come or the enemy will set himself against it, and prevent it from happening.
The enemy walks in darkness. He doesn’t know the plan of God. But when you receive direction from God and you take that first step toward it, the anointing increases and he picks up on that. He also picks up on words and tries to figure out what’s happening. Don’t sit around telling friends and family the vision God has given you. It’s not too hard for the enemy to pick up on that. And, don’t procrastinate or be disobedient! Had Peter put his hand down 50 fish, Satan would’ve picked up on it and brought interference and tried to intercept it.
We need to have ears to hear the strategy for our lives. Now, you can train yourself to discern these things. You have to do that. Practice it. It’s your weapon. As you follow these things in your life, your life will sound better than any novel you’ve ever read. It will read like the Book of Acts – full of close calls and what looked like the end when, out of nowhere, God comes through – again and again. I have so many stories like this, personally, that I could go on and on with examples, but I just don’t have enough room here.
I really want you to get this. Stop folding up every time the enemy bluffs you or tries to deceive you! Take the time to get these mysteries so you can stand your ground and really build something. To many people the Bible is just stories, but when you’re born again, it’s full of revelation. Ask God to reveal the mysteries and you’ll see that the next time you study you’ll say, “Wait a minute! Has that really been there all along?” He’ll give you a glimpse of your destiny. If you will have ears to hear, submit, and walk it out, you’re going to have stories just like Jesus, like David, and like I do.

Captain Kirk
01-09-11, 07:40 AM
Lord we pray for all those who have been wounded or fallen in Arizona. We pray for the families and friends that you would comfort them. We pray for healing for those who were wounded. We pray for comfort for the families of those who were killed.

Lord we thank you for the miraculous treatment and medical care for those who have been wounded.

Lord we pray for your righteousness to be restored in our world.

Amen
In Matthew 13:11 Jesus said, “And He replied to them, To you it has been given to know the secrets and mysteries of the Kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.”
See, we have our Bible stories, but they’re not just Bible stories. Hidden in those stories are mysteries that can bring revelation to us about how the Kingdom of God operates, but we must have ears to hear. When we talk about ears, we mean your spirit. These mysteries are meant for you. You’re not supposed to just stumble along, and hope things will work out. You’re supposed to advance!
But, we forget we’re in a battle. We don’t take the spiritual adversary we have seriously. We’ve been watching TV and cartoons all of our lives and we downplay him to just some guy with horns and a red cape. But Satan is alive and demons are real and they don’t want to see you prosper and advance in God’s mission for your life. This is the reason the Bible says Jesus spoke everything in parables – to keep things from the enemy.
Think about it. The adversary would love to cut you off at the pass. God prevents that by keeping things hidden until the right time.
When we first started our TV ministry, our bills were big. Every month we were watching $50,000 - $70,000 go out the door. It was really tough. When you’re not used to spending that kind of money, it can get pretty unnerving. And that’s where I was. So, one day I was praying. I’ll call it that, but I was really complaining. I was telling God how there just wasn’t enough money in the account and that this was a really tough spot to be in. He listened for a few minutes and then he rebuked me. He said, “Is it due today?”
See, one of the weapons of our warfare is timing – spiritual timing. We don’t understand it, but God does. So, He shows up at the midnight hour. He waits until the last second so that the enemy can’t bring interference and hold things up. Because, if Satan understands the plan of God, he will change tactics to intercept it. He’ll bring pressure, trouble, and persecution against us. He’ll do everything he can to stop it.
Think of it like a really great spy movie. That’s how God does things. He moves behind the scenes with people that don’t look like the “right” people. Look at me – I was the poster child for debt. But God delights in using people like me. Or, people like David.
David came into the camp and saw Goliath ranting and raving. Saul offered David his armor, but David wouldn’t take it. He ran out to the battle line with only his staff and his sling. Yep – the Bible actually says he ran toward Goliath. Goliath was taken off guard. The tactic worked and David killed him.
God’s going to use unusual ways to advance His cause right under the nose of the enemy. Psalm 23 says God delights in preparing a table for you in the presence of your enemy. He loves that. We do, too. God wants to use you like that, but you have to have ears to hear.
In II Corinthians 11, Paul talks about his escape from a king. Look at it. The walls were all shut up. There was no way to escape. Paul was in a situation where they were going to take his life. It was impossible for him to escape, but God made a way. Paul was let down in a basket through a small window in the wall. Now, I want you to underline this next part. Underline where Paul says, “…and I escaped through his fingers.”
This is what your life should sound like as you follow God! If you have ears to hear, your life will be spent slipping through the enemy’s hands and advancing the cause of God with your life.
Many times in the New Testament, it’s recorded that people wanted to stone Jesus, but that He slipped through the enemy’s hands. In the end, Jesus’ life wasn’t taken – He laid it down.
The thing you have to get used to, though, is the intimidation of the event. It’s not easy to wait until the midnight hour. It’s not easy to not know where the money is coming from or how in the world you’re going to defeat a giant. It’s not easy to listen to the enemy howling at you. But, if you have ears to hear, you’ll know the tactic before it comes. You’ll have a way of escape. God will make sure that you slip through the cracks. But you have to be confident in being able to hear and letting the Holy Spirit lead you. Unusual and amazing things will happen when you have ears to hear.
Why did Jesus tell Peter to catch a fish? I’m sure they probably had enough money to pay their temple tax, but Jesus was a teacher. He had to teach them how this thing operated. He knew He was only going to be there for a limited amount of time. So He taught them.
How unusual do you think it was to catch a fish with money in its mouth? Jesus was teaching Peter to take unusual instructions. See, the enemy knows your weaknesses. When God gives you instructions, He’s going to give you an unusual strategy in order to protect His plan. Jesus was training Peter to get accustomed to unusual instructions. Granted, He had him catch a fish. Peter knew how to catch fish and the enemy knew Peter knew how to catch fish. So it wasn’t a big deal. As far as the enemy was concerned, Peter was going about his normal day. But God was using an unusual tactic. And, Jesus said the first fish. Peter had to be obedient to instruction. We have to be obedient to instruction, too.
God knows where things are. He knows where your provision is. It’s not going to come in the typical way you think it will come or the enemy will set himself against it, and prevent it from happening.
The enemy walks in darkness. He doesn’t know the plan of God. But when you receive direction from God and you take that first step toward it, the anointing increases and he picks up on that. He also picks up on words and tries to figure out what’s happening. Don’t sit around telling friends and family the vision God has given you. It’s not too hard for the enemy to pick up on that. And, don’t procrastinate or be disobedient! Had Peter put his hand down 50 fish, Satan would’ve picked up on it and brought interference and tried to intercept it.
We need to have ears to hear the strategy for our lives. Now, you can train yourself to discern these things. You have to do that. Practice it. It’s your weapon. As you follow these things in your life, your life will sound better than any novel you’ve ever read. It will read like the Book of Acts – full of close calls and what looked like the end when, out of nowhere, God comes through – again and again. I have so many stories like this, personally, that I could go on and on with examples, but I just don’t have enough room here.
I really want you to get this. Stop folding up every time the enemy bluffs you or tries to deceive you! Take the time to get these mysteries so you can stand your ground and really build something. To many people the Bible is just stories, but when you’re born again, it’s full of revelation. Ask God to reveal the mysteries and you’ll see that the next time you study you’ll say, “Wait a minute! Has that really been there all along?” He’ll give you a glimpse of your destiny. If you will have ears to hear, submit, and walk it out, you’re going to have stories just like Jesus, like David, and like I do.