PDA

View Full Version : Can't find this anywhere, Please help

hoping2bamarine
01-09-11, 01:10 AM
I'm sorry to bother with questions but not only can I not find this on this website but I have also not found it anywhere on the web. No body knows why but for some reason I was born with two different sized feet. I am currently a size 12 on my right foot and a size 10 on my left foot. It has been this drastic since as far back as I can remember. It doesn't cause me any problems other than the fact that I have to spend a ton of money on shoes because I need to by two pairs. I have always wanted to be a marine since I was a little kid and now that I'm getting to the age where I can join this is driving me crazy. If any one knows anything about this and weather or not it will prevent me from joining I would really appriciate it. Thanks.

rufus1
01-09-11, 01:36 AM
Go to the recuiter office and they should be able to find something out and give you an answer

Phantom Blooper
01-09-11, 06:59 AM
Agreed....go see a recruiter......

However if you go into the Marines and allowed to serve your financial burden will not stop.....because you will still need to purchase two pairs of boots and shoes.....

Foot and ankle.

Current absence of a foot or any portion thereof (896) is disqualifying.
Current or history of deformities of the toes (acquired (735) or congenital (755.66)) including, but not limited to conditions such as hallux valgus (735.0), hallux varus (735.1), hallux rigidicus (735.2), hammer toe(s) (735.4), claw toe(s) (735.5), overriding toe(s) (735.8), that prevents the proper wearing of military footwear or impairs walking, marching, running, or jumping, are disqualifying.
Current or history of clubfoot (754.70) or pes cavus (754.71) that prevents the proper wearing of military footwear or impairs walking, marching, running, or jumping is disqualifying.
Current symptomatic pes planus (acquired (734) or congenital (754.6)) or history of pes planus corrected by prescription or custom orthotics is disqualifying.
Current ingrown toenails (703.0), if infected or symptomatic, are disqualifying.
Current plantar fasciitis (728.71) is disqualifying.
Current neuroma (355.6) that is refractory to medical treatment, or impairs walking, marching, running, or jumping, or prevents the proper wearing of military footwear, is disqualifying.

SGT7477
01-09-11, 07:27 AM
BTW Marine should be capitalized, that has to suck big time with 2 different foot sizes, Good Luck, Semper Fidelis.

hoping2bamarine
01-09-11, 12:40 PM
Sorry I will change it if I am able to and thanks for the answers.

Old Marine
01-09-11, 02:51 PM
Wouldn't worry about it too much. If they still do the issue like thy used to years ago, you will probably get two different sizes anyway.

SGT7477
01-09-11, 04:33 PM
Wouldn't worry about it too much. If they still do the issue like thy used to years ago, you will probably get two different sizes anyway.
Nothing seems to fit right in bootcamp anyway, Semper Fidelis.:D

SSgt Lamie
01-12-11, 11:18 AM
Your Recruiter should have a "phone a doctor" number where he can call one of the MEPS doctors and get a quick answer if your condition is acceptable or not.