PDA

View Full Version : Going to MEPS Boston Tuesday

crodgers4101
01-08-11, 08:58 PM
I am going to MEPS on Tuesday to swear in and take my physical. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the smiley face drawn on your name tag ( kind of a fast pass from what i here). Thank you all!

Agent Johnson
01-08-11, 10:20 PM
Bring a pen.

crodgers4101
01-09-11, 08:00 AM
Bring a pen.

Seriously

Steve018
01-09-11, 02:23 PM
a smiley?? like a freakin smiley face?

crodgers4101
01-09-11, 03:28 PM
a smiley?? like a freakin smiley face?

Yea they write it on your name tag and you get to like cut likes and stuff.

Hopper3600
01-09-11, 07:28 PM
Yea they write it on your name tag and you get to like cut likes and stuff.

Well when I went to MEPs they gave almost everyone a smilie. Its not hard to get. All you got to do is have everything done but the physical, drug test, and blood sample. They just try to help you get out faster. I messed up on the drug test so they took my smilie away. I couldnt go because I thought it was awkard ****ing in a cup while a guy was watching and standing in a line of four ****ing in a cup lmao. So they gave me a hour to go or I will be sent home. So I drank tons of water and finally was able to go lol. Good luck hope this helps. :)

crodgers4101
01-09-11, 07:54 PM
Well when I went to MEPs they gave almost everyone a smilie. Its not hard to get. All you got to do is have everything done but the physical, drug test, and blood sample. They just try to help you get out faster. I messed up on the drug test so they took my smilie away. I couldnt go because I thought it was awkard ****ing in a cup while a guy was watching and standing in a line of four ****ing in a cup lmao. So they gave me a hour to go or I will be sent home. So I drank tons of water and finally was able to go lol. Good luck hope this helps. :)

thanks man i get pee shy too lol
:cool:

Hopper3600
01-09-11, 08:05 PM
thanks man i get pee shy too lol
:cool:
Just drink tons of water while your waiting and your will be golden. But you will regret it when it comes to the physical part. I had to go alot after that. But it was the only way for me to be able to go. That physical was painful cause I had to go again but I fought through it. lol :yes:

crodgers4101
01-09-11, 08:15 PM
Just drink tons of water while your waiting and your will be golden. But you will regret it when it comes to the physical part. I had to go alot after that. But it was the only way for me to be able to go. That physical was painful cause I had to go again but I fought through it. lol :yes:

Did you go to Boston

Hopper3600
01-09-11, 08:20 PM
Did you go to Boston
No, I live in Oklahoma City so I went to the MEPS here. But thats my experince here just passing it on to you. They might be a little different. But not by much.

crodgers4101
01-09-11, 08:24 PM
No, I live in Oklahoma City so I went to the MEPS here. But thats my experince here just passing it on to you. They might be a little different. But not by much.

sweet deal thanks man

Hopper3600
01-09-11, 08:26 PM
No problem, good luck and take care.

Kiri
01-09-11, 09:19 PM
Just pass everything. There's really no 'fasttrack' in the military so I would just get used to it.

wilsontc11
01-09-11, 09:40 PM
get used to waiting, you'll be doing a lot of it in boot camp anyway

crodgers4101
01-10-11, 06:51 AM
get used to waiting, you'll be doing a lot of it in boot camp anyway

Is that a bad thing you know Waiting around at boot camp?

wilsontc11
01-10-11, 07:08 AM
Is that a bad thing you know Waiting around at boot camp?most of the time yes, when you have to scream dittys for an hour straight or get IT'd while you're waiting to get cuts or whatever else. they like to **** around with you when you're waiting

crodgers4101
01-10-11, 08:00 AM
it is going to be awesome tho i am not really that worried about being screamed at its the physical stuff that i am worried about

wilsontc11
01-10-11, 09:04 AM
what, like the PT? The PT is a joke, aslong as you can pass the IST comfortably you'll be fine.

And they don't hit you or any **** like that, though I did get semi choked for smiling once lol. and ITing really isn't bad, unless you really, and i mean really, **** them off. or you just have harder DIs

crodgers4101
01-10-11, 09:10 AM
what, like the PT? The PT is a joke, aslong as you can pass the IST comfortably you'll be fine.

And they don't hit you or any **** like that, though I did get semi choked for smiling once lol. and ITing really isn't bad, unless you really, and i mean really, **** them off. or you just have harder DIs

pt and drill is all i am worried about i have thick skin when it come to mental stuff

Hopper3600
01-10-11, 02:42 PM
You may have thick skin but the DIs will tear you down and build you back up. This is going to be a new experince for all of us. No one will be prepared for what is in store for us at bootcamp. Just remember keep pting and you be some what ready.

BurkeWorld
01-10-11, 09:51 PM
I went into Boston MEPS, they have a nice lounge to eat your boxed lunch with a TV and some books. But yeah, bring a pen and patience, it's a long day.

A few Army guys had their feet up on the back of the seats in the lounge and a Gunny yelled at them, was quite funny to see that. Do as many pull ups and sit ups as you can and watch out for SSgt. Grahm if he's there!

~Burke

wilsontc11
01-10-11, 10:49 PM
pt and drill is all i am worried about i have thick skin when it come to mental stuffthen you'll be fine. it will suck for the first few weeks but after 1st phase it flies by