PDA

View Full Version : Marine being sued for flying U.S. flag

D Hoffner
01-07-11, 03:47 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/military/7369837.html

Wood5831
01-07-11, 07:33 PM
I am not going to click that because it will **** me off. I am willing to bet it is about some bullshyt from an HOA.

We recently had that here in Richmond where Col Barfoot a MOH winner went through the same thing. Once high ranking govt officials found out and few letters and phone calls were made to the HOA/lawyers and the issue dissolved with a quickness.

awbrown1462
01-07-11, 09:14 PM
he is being sued not for the flag but for the pole the HOA allows a 6 ft pole and his is 20ft

USNAviator
01-08-11, 07:59 AM
I am not going to click that because it will **** me off. I am willing to bet it is about some bullshyt from an HOA.

We recently had that here in Richmond where Col Barfoot a MOH winner went through the same thing. Once high ranking govt officials found out and few letters and phone calls were made to the HOA/lawyers and the issue dissolved with a quickness.

Phil

I remember that about the good Col. I live in the West End and I remember our HOA trying to tell us we couldn't fly any non-approved flag. Well I started to fly the colors then added the Navy flag then 9/11 hit, no complaints from the HOA

Wood5831
01-08-11, 08:04 AM
Ok I can see the HOA getting upset if he has a 20 ft pole when they allow only a 6.

Yes Sir. I live in Short Pump myself.

ggyoung
01-08-11, 10:42 AM
Give the HOA a inch and they will take a mile. What is happening to our freedom?

USNAviator
01-08-11, 11:37 AM
I forgot to mention, Dan, that the HOA makes more sense here in limiting the height of a flagpole than it does when it tells someone what kind of a flag not to fly.

I agree 100% Dave. I simply had two brackets off the front porch into which I inserted both flag poles. No problems with the HOA but they didn't want any teens flying less than respectful tripe etc.

But I can understand if you had a 20ft flag pole in an area governed buy covenants etc. And what really ticks me off are people who fly the colors at night without a spot light

USNAviator
01-08-11, 11:39 AM
Ok I can see the HOA getting upset if he has a 20 ft pole when they allow only a 6.

Yes Sir. I live in Short Pump myself.

Just built a new home in Powhatan off Three Bridge Rd.. Nice to be out in the country and still close enough to shopping etc.