PDA

View Full Version : Questions about 11th MEU

Johndo
01-06-11, 09:47 PM
Has anyone know where the 11th MEU goes? Well I guess that's my only question. I tried google and wikipedia and no results. So prehaps some feedback from personal experience.

Chad Leddy
01-07-11, 10:49 AM
I was in the 13th MEU and we shared a building with the 11th. I got out in 2006, and when I was in we went to Hawaii, Guam, Australia, The Philippines, Bahrain, UAE, Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, Djibouti, Hong Kong, Thailand, and some people got to go to Greece.

I'm guessing if you're getting stationed with the 11th you'll probably end up in Afghanistan eventually like everyone else. When my friends were with the 11th they ended up in some heavy combat in Iraq.

If you're going to the 11th MEU we should stay in contact because it would be awesome if you could help me get some 13th MEU tshirts (etc..)

Johndo
01-07-11, 02:08 PM
I would definatly, but its still a while away, and it's the second time they changed their minds, you know how it is. Anyway thanks for the info.

NeverQuit
01-07-11, 09:52 PM
I was on the 11th MEU November 2007-June 2008 we hit Guam, Saipan, Bahrain (several times), Kuwait, Africa, Thailand, Singapore, and Hawaii. But that was just my ship. the others went to Bangladesh for humanitarian aide while we kept chugging on, and while we sat in the persian gulf because the ship was malfunctioning and waiting on a part the other boats stopped in Dubai. We sat in Kuwait the longest period of time about 2 months, and trained in Guam and Africa.