PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh: Love him or hate him !!!!

Marine1955
01-06-11, 12:01 PM
I'm not a fan of Rush, but love him or loathe him, I think he nailed this one right on the head..........

By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by
because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of
this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're
going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of
$250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million..
If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action,
the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get
$833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a
screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up

to$4.7 million are complaining

that it's not enough

. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.. (Actually, soldiers are put in harms way by politicians and commanding
officers.)

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have
started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families
are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the
embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to
nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing

. Make sense?

However, our own US Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an
E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who
placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now

fighting.

"When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to vote the Bastards out all of them I mean all of them !!!!!!.

Osotogary
01-06-11, 12:28 PM
Russ, this time, certainly hits all the "buzz words"...enough to raise anybodies fair minded eyebrows...for sure. I don't particularly care for J. Beck or Rush Limbaugh and their blustering rants and raves, (I think they are both from the, "Do as I say not do as I do." school of advice givers.)
This particular rant hits quite a few buzz words that are disturbing...for me to read. None of this sounds "fair and square". Either way, losing a loved one, especially a family member, makes nothing in this world "fair and square" no matter what the compensation for loss.

Trucrimsongold
01-06-11, 03:27 PM
I believe much of what he says and consider myself in the same mindset as not only him but Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage, Greg Gutfeld, Laura Ingram, Tucker Carlson a great deal of what John Stossel says as well, I just don't like so much the manner in which he gets it across. Every time I listen to Him or Beck I have to take my blood pressure medicine and when i listen to Hannity he's the least brightest and sounds much like a broken record. There are some newcomers i listen to a great deal on AM radio called the "Lee" brothers and I love them because they have humor and it's more light hearted in approach even though they say the same things about the destructive nature of the progressive liberals.

advanced
01-06-11, 04:17 PM
I believe much of what he says and consider myself in the same mindset as not only him but Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage, Greg Gutfeld, Laura Ingram, Tucker Carlson a great deal of what John Stossel says as well, I just don't like so much the manner in which he gets it across. Every time I listen to Him or Beck I have to take my blood pressure medicine and when i listen to Hannity he's the least brightest and sounds much like a broken record. There are some newcomers i listen to a great deal on AM radio called the "Lee" brothers and I love them because they have humor and it's more light hearted in approach even though they say the same things about the destructive nature of the progressive liberals.

Great post, don't forget Dr. Michael Savage who says "liberalism is a mental disease."

Reddog48
01-08-11, 09:37 AM
I like Rush. He's a strong supporter of the Military especially the Corps. He gives a ton of his money to charities and he pushes for personal freedom and liberty for all Americans. Also, he reports things that that go on in Washington the news media will not.

leprechaun9544
01-09-11, 04:40 PM
I'm not a fan of Rush, but love him or loathe him, I think he nailed this one right on the head..........

By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by

because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of
this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're
going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of
$250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million..
If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action,
the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get

$833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a
screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up

to$4.7 million are complaining

that it's not enough

. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.. (Actually, soldiers are put in harms way by politicians and commanding

officers.)

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have

started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families
are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the
embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to

nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing

. Make sense?

However, our own US Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an

E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who
placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now

fighting.

"When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to vote the Bastards out all of them I mean all of them !!!!!!.

Yep, Rush nails it again....as usual !

brecon65
01-09-11, 06:48 PM
I too stopped listening to Rush and Hannity because I got tired of being mad all the time.

For a guy who claims to be correct 99.8% of the time, Rush is wrong about Congress not paying into Social Security. They have been required to pay in since the revamping of federal employee retirement plans in 1983.

Chapultapecker
01-10-11, 07:01 PM
I like turtles.

Also, If you want to get paid 15g for the rest of your life, just go be a House seat.
Its not that hard. A couple of them think that Guam will just tip over if we put too many Marines on it.

Hotel4341
01-11-11, 06:09 AM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/deathpay.asp

Marines, please be informed about what you post. This is an old article that doesn't even mention the military life insurance ($250,000 at the time, $400,000 now). It's still not great, but the numbers in the opening post are completely jacked up and make us all look dumb for continuing to perpetuate them.

Mike326
01-11-11, 10:05 AM
Thanks Hotel4341 for the correction.

FistFu68
01-11-11, 01:05 PM
:evilgrin: Wonder how much Bret"Tha Pervert"Farve is gettin paid 4 tha Rest Of His Life???"Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You,But What You Can Do For Your Country":iwo: