PDA

View Full Version : Question about Advanced ITB

Odysseus32
01-06-11, 02:21 AM
I am currently a poolee and have enlisted under the job of machine gunner. I am aware that machine gunners go through ITB AND Advanced ITB. I was just wondering how long that will be.

0331 2 0369
01-06-11, 07:32 AM
Does it really matter how long?

Lisa 23
01-06-11, 08:08 AM
I know this is the Ask A Marine forum...but really, doesn't anyone know how to ask their recruiters these kind of questions, or even use google?

Well, either you made a typo on your ship date, 16 June 2010, or you should know the answer to this question already.

New York
01-06-11, 12:12 PM
Isnt AITB Squad Leader Course at SOI EAST/WEST?

Anyway the only way you get selected as a 31 is if,

A) Youre a reservist
B) "who wants to be a 31" gets thrown out there at the split in ITB by WPNs PLT instructors.

or

C)Needs of the Marine Corps.

TheReservist
01-06-11, 01:32 PM
I know Advanced Infantry Training Company on the east was where the courses of Unit leaders course, infantry squad leaders course, scout/snipers course, and the combat instructors course was.

0331 2 0369
01-06-11, 01:56 PM
I am currently a poolee and have enlisted under the job of machine gunner. I am aware that machine gunners go through ITB AND Advanced ITB. I was just wondering how long that will be.

I dought you will do both classes back to back. As for being an 0331.... as mentioned before..... only reservist get guarrenteed MOS's when they join.

Odysseus32
01-06-11, 08:44 PM
I know this is the Ask A Marine forum...but really, doesn't anyone know how to ask their recruiters these kind of questions, or even use google?

Well, either you made a typo on your ship date, 16 June 2010, or you should know the answer to this question already.

It was a typo, supposed to be 2011. And I have searched google endlessly for this answer and I can't find it.

Does it really matter how long?

Yes...Yes it does. My family kinda wants to know how long I'll be going through ALL of my schooling.

I AM a reservist.

TheReservist
01-06-11, 09:04 PM
You'll go through ITB machinegunners course which is about 8 weeks. The timeline is dependent on many things, when your class picks up is the most determinant value. When I went to ITB, I spent about a month in the receiving plt. waiting for my class to pick up.

You need to get used to ambiguous timelines because you'll learn that everything in the Marines is METT-T dependent and nothing is set in stone till you actually do it.