PDA

View Full Version : Do you need a waiver...

lake9
01-05-11, 06:40 PM
i found out today i have flat feet.
i have already deped in and i ship out in just about 30 days. should i say anything?

Kiri
01-05-11, 06:58 PM
You have a good run time, so as long as your feet don't hurt when/after you run I wouldn't bother. No need to push your shipdate back for no reason.

lake9
01-05-11, 07:07 PM
yeah i get shin splints but iv always just delt with the pain.... hope it doesn't get bad in boot though.

Hummel
01-05-11, 07:39 PM
i found out today i have flat feet.
i have already deped in and i ship out in just about 30 days. should i say anything?

Nope. No waiver. Bring your insoles in your own go fasters and upon request you will get boots that are made for flat feet.

lake9
01-05-11, 08:30 PM
well iv never had any special insoles or anything. were do u buy these?
should i bother telling my recruiter? i can deal with the pain so are you guys 100% sure this wont DQ me if i say **** in moment of truth or w.e? how should i go about this?

Steve018
01-05-11, 10:23 PM
You can buy insoles at the PX, thats what my buddy said but check with your recruiter and other Marines. If you get shin splits, I'm guessing itll suck but just push through.

VanderFool
01-05-11, 11:24 PM
duder dont say anything in the moment of truth thats just asking for trouble just stick to whats in your paperwork thats all they know or will know.

lake9
01-06-11, 12:47 PM
duder dont say anything in the moment of truth thats just asking for trouble just stick to whats in your paperwork thats all they know or will know.

Yeah thats what i thought, alright thanks for all the replies.
just for the record after some research i found out i have something called "flexible flat feet" (the most common type of flat foot) which means it can be corrected by using the insoles they give you at boot camp. From what i have read they have everyone line up with their socks off standing on a mirror surface to determine who needs insoles and special military boots. Can anyone confirm this?

Quick question how come they never said anything when i had my physical at meps. We did the duck walk and all those weird things. Dont they check for flat feet?

PooleeLeCates
01-06-11, 03:38 PM
Quick question how come they never said anything when i had my physical at meps. We did the duck walk and all those weird things. Dont they check for flat feet?

They probably wrote it on your paperwork. I was looking at my medical forms when I was there, and I have flat feet, it says at the bottom "Feet" and there are a few different words that they circle. I don't remember what the word was but when I Google'd it later it meant flat feet, next to that they had circled "asymptomatic". I'm guessing yours is too, they looked at your feet, if it had been a problem they'd have DQ'd you already.

Doc' LeCates says you're good to :thumbup:

lake9
01-06-11, 03:58 PM
ohhh okay.... thanks for the info man. regarding the fact that they dont tell you much at meps do they tell you if you need glasses? i can see fine but some things are a little blurry from far away like road signs when i took the test they never said anything. i would hate to wear BCS they are ugly as hell.

Taviah
01-06-11, 04:45 PM
When I was a meps they weren't that thorough, there were like 15 of us doing the physical test duck walks and the like at the same time in front of one doctor.

lake9
01-06-11, 09:42 PM
When I was a meps they weren't that thorough, there were like 15 of us doing the physical test duck walks and the like at the same time in front of one doctor.

yeah i hope i dont need them ugly BCs

Taviah
01-06-11, 10:51 PM
Oh of course they did the blood, urine and eye tests, and the "turn and cough" then grab the ankles. There the duck walk, kneeling walks, leg kick stuff they weren't thorough enough, they'd have never noticed flat foot. The doctor did tell us he was looking for flat feet and had us hold our feet up from behind.

My eyesight isn't good but I don't wear glasses, I wonder when they require the BC I have 20/40 and 20/50

lake9
01-06-11, 11:02 PM
Oh of course they did the blood, urine and eye tests, and the "turn and cough" then grab the ankles. There the duck walk, kneeling walks, leg kick stuff they weren't thorough enough, they'd have never noticed flat foot. The doctor did tell us he was looking for flat feet and had us hold our feet up from behind.

My eyesight isn't good but I don't wear glasses, I wonder when they require the BC I have 20/40 and 20/50

yeah i think they issue them at boot during receiving. i REALLY hope i dont need them.

Taviah
01-06-11, 11:04 PM
I don't care, I just wouldn't want to wear them at graduation.