PDA

View Full Version : psoriasis?

Narco
01-04-11, 01:52 AM
so i was wondering, are you still able to join the marines with psoriasis? or is it completely out of the question? i asked a recruiter when i was 18, when i had it, and when i told him i had it, he laughed in my face and told me absolutely not.

but im not sure if he was just a jerk or what.. but yeah. i was just gonna ask here. figured its the best place as many.

thanks.

jairen
01-04-11, 04:01 PM
No, this certainly isn't the best place to ask this question. You had it right at first, when you asked a recruiter, and yes, it does appear that he was a dick, if he did indeed respond the way you say he did.

Give a DIFFERENT recruiter a shot. And a heads-up, the Marine Corps is more than making it's recruiting goals, so enlisting and needing a waiver may prove tough.

Narco
01-04-11, 04:11 PM
alrighty, thanks ill give another recruiter a try. thanks again

Sgt Leprechaun
01-04-11, 11:20 PM
Unlikely if you still have it.

Phantom Blooper
01-05-11, 05:29 AM
Jun 10 2009

The disqualifying medical conditions are listed below. The International Classification of Disease (ICD) codes are listed in parentheses following each standard.

The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction (without an approved waiver (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/medicalwaiver.htm)) are an authenticated history of:

Current or history of psoriasis (696.1) is disqualifying.

SSgt Lamie
01-06-11, 08:18 AM
Psoriasis may be waived, we recently had a case approved here in Milwaukee. The original Recruiter may not of wanted to deal with the headache of submitting a waiver.

Just understand that approval is not guaranteed.