PDA

View Full Version : Few simple questions

Armalite
01-03-11, 09:24 AM
I ship out next week and a bit confused on some parts.

- I have been reading to take my SSC with me to boot camp. HOWEVER, i was asking my recuiter yesterday what to bring and asked him about the card he told me NOT to take it. So if i egt there and they throw a fit over it, what should i do?

- If i am currently in Virginia, would they put me on a plane to fly me down to Parris Island, or would i take a bus?

- I understand push-ups are a disipline action as well as a requirement in PT, what are the normal amounts you are expected to do? [ I understand you do AS MANY as you can, but was curious what is the number sufficent to them if you cant get up off the ground anymore ]

- What are the terms for "underweight"? ex- I am a 6'5 male at 180-190lbs, a chart would be helpful.

Any answers are greatly appreciated.

SGT7477
01-03-11, 09:34 AM
You do pushups until the DI gets tired, Semper Fidelis.

advanced
01-03-11, 09:39 AM
You'll take a plane from VA to SC, then you take a bus to PI. You'll arrive about 2am in the morning regardless of where you start from.

gkmoz
01-03-11, 09:41 AM
You do pushups until the DI gets tired, Semper Fidelis.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO True ! :bunny::bunny:

thewookie
01-03-11, 09:55 AM
what are the normal amounts

What is normal? :mad::usmc::evilgrin:

Marine3451
01-03-11, 09:56 AM
Take yourself and the clothes on your back to boot camp. I dont even know what an ssc is. And If your asking what the minimum requirements are there is probuly a Army recruiter next to the Marine recruiter go talk to him because we dont play that game in the Corps.

jairen
01-03-11, 10:10 AM
I ship out next week and a bit confused on some parts.

- I have been reading to take my SSC with me to boot camp. HOWEVER, i was asking my recuiter yesterday what to bring and asked him about the card he told me NOT to take it. So if i egt there and they throw a fit over it, what should i do?

- If i am currently in Virginia, would they put me on a plane to fly me down to Parris Island, or would i take a bus?

- I understand push-ups are a disipline action as well as a requirement in PT, what are the normal amounts you are expected to do? [ I understand you do AS MANY as you can, but was curious what is the number sufficent to them if you cant get up off the ground anymore ]

- What are the terms for "underweight"? ex- I am a 6'5 male at 180-190lbs, a chart would be helpful.

Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Here.

http://www.*************/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness-requirements/usmc-weight-charts

Oh crap, they blocked it.

Okay, just google "usmc height weight chart".

Armalite
01-03-11, 10:12 AM
Take yourself and the clothes on your back to boot camp. I dont even know what an ssc is. And If your asking what the minimum requirements are there is probuly a Army recruiter next to the Marine recruiter go talk to him because we dont play that game in the Corps.

social security card, and by minimum requirement i meant was what are the least amount you are expect to do before the send you to the physical recovery platoon, i was just making sure if i was above, below, or lower than the standards

Marine3451
01-03-11, 10:26 AM
social security card, and by minimum requirement i meant was what are the least amount you are expect to do before the send you to the physical recovery platoon, i was just making sure if i was above, below, or lower than the standards

Marines dont get tested on pushups. If i remember correctly for the IST you have to do the run in 13:30 44 situps and 3 pullups. Of course your SDI can choose to keep you if you fail it but thats up to them. I took my drivers license and Social security card and kept it in my money/valubales bag but you can also lock it in with your civillan clothes in storage. From here on out during your Marine Corps career if you make it remember never be the one asking what the minimum requirements are.

DeCePtionx
01-04-11, 09:50 PM
As long as you can remember your ssn you probably wont need to bring the card.And during pt you will do pushups until the whole company gets them right and sounds off loud enough.