PDA

View Full Version : Medical waiver for a friend

Pvt Hardy
01-02-11, 07:38 PM
i referred my friend to the Marines so i could have a refrence under my belt towards promotion, problem is at MEPS he was DQ'd for 2 months because of some eye cone issue

my question is will he get this waiver or are they just saying that?

Zulu 36
01-02-11, 08:35 PM
i referred my friend to the Marines so i could have a refrence under my belt towards promotion, problem is at MEPS he was DQ'd for 2 months because of some eye cone issue

my question is will he get this waiver or are they just saying that?

Ask your recruiter. None of the Marines here know for certain, or have any control over waivers. If they are giving him a time period to come up with some kind of documentation, or to get a consult from a civilian physician, perhaps he has a good chance of a waiver.

Lately, from what I've heard, MEPS has been dropping a lot of people on medical DQs and few waivers are being granted. Too many 100% healthy people are lined up to get in, so they can afford to be picky.

Pvt Hardy
01-02-11, 11:01 PM
Ask your recruiter. None of the Marines here know for certain, or have any control over waivers. If they are giving him a time period to come up with some kind of documentation, or to get a consult from a civilian physician, perhaps he has a good chance of a waiver.

Lately, from what I've heard, MEPS has been dropping a lot of people on medical DQs and few waivers are being granted. Too many 100% healthy people are lined up to get in, so they can afford to be picky.

well sergeant i dont think it is to come up with documentation. he didnt know he had this issue until the final interview where they told him he was disqualified. but i will ask my recruiter if he can even tell me anything, ive never heard of a waiver for vision problems

jairen
01-03-11, 10:09 AM
ive never heard of a waiver for vision problems

I had a waiver for vision problems. It happens.

New York
01-05-11, 04:19 PM
Is he crossed eye?

I mean what kind of vision problem are we talking about thats DQ status?

SSgt Lamie
01-06-11, 08:10 AM
Depending on the severity of the issue a waiver would be no issue.

Best case scenario, he has to go back to MEPS for a consult with a Optomotrist and them deemed qualified and able to enlist.

Worst case, he is permentately DQ'd for the issue.

More than likely, a waiver will be submitted to BUMED where doctors will look at his waiver and medical records and determine if he is qualified for Military Service. This is a long process so if this is the route that your friend has to take do what you can to keep him motivated and still interested in becoming a Marine.