PDA

View Full Version : can i come back in?

ArrogantBastard
01-02-11, 01:28 AM
i got out of the corps not to long ago with an honorable and an re1a dischrge. i also have 2 adverse fitreps under my belt for being husky. i really cant stand civy life and find my heart is still with the corps. could i be able to come back in and start over after leaving on bad terms? and yes i managed to get an re1a re-enlistment code for being husky bcoz my last chain of command just signed off departing marines paper work without looking twice! semper. let me hear some good feed back. no boots please..........:usmc:

Quinbo
01-02-11, 02:02 AM
You got 2 fit reps and re-1a for being husky????????

christ0ph0311
01-02-11, 08:24 AM
i wouldn't get your hopes up. USMC isn't taking retreads anymore really, they are letting Marines get out 3 months early if they want to for no reason. that how good manpower is right now, to cut loose 30k Marines early

Wood5831
01-02-11, 08:50 AM
FY11 and FY12 they are expecting a lot of those Marines that came in to get out and they will be aggressively recruiting to keep manpower up. With a RE1a you should be fine. If you are looking at Active Duty then you need to see this thread http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34742

It has more than enough info in for you.

Good Luck.

ArrogantBastard
01-02-11, 04:40 PM
You got 2 fit reps and re-1a for being husky????????

yep, like i said, my last command didnt care about marines getting out so they just signed off on what ever paper work was in front of them!

ArrogantBastard
01-02-11, 04:47 PM
FY11 and FY12 they are expecting a lot of those Marines that came in to get out and they will be aggressively recruiting to keep manpower up. With a RE1a you should be fine. If you are looking at Active Duty then you need to see this thread http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34742

It has more than enough info in for you.

Good Luck.

Thanks a lot SSgt, very helpful link. however, could i come back in and start my carreer over? i served eight years and had 3 adverse fitreps!

Wood5831
01-02-11, 06:21 PM
That is not up to us, that is up to the Marines that look at your packet. I am in the same boat as you, but I am going IMA Reserves right now because it is easier for me to augment back to AD as a reservist than trying right off the bat now.

Chad Leddy
01-03-11, 12:29 PM
I really wish I could go back in, but I doubt there would be any need for Combat Photographers that already got out. The career field is small enough as it is.

ArrogantBastard
01-04-11, 02:54 AM
I really wish I could go back in, but I doubt there would be any need for Combat Photographers that already got out. The career field is small enough as it is.
never hurts to try!