PDA

View Full Version : Need Some advice Marines.

luis2787
12-28-10, 06:17 PM
okay so i have finally signed my job as a delta bravo contract which is communications and utilities so i asked my recruiter when will i find out what mos will i end up with he said he didnt know or anything but i scored a 98 on my el score so i am just confused on when i will find out what mos i will have i know it is based on the needs of the Marines but i am just confused by it becuase i am not sure if i am going to 20 palms for comm school or camp legune NC for utilites school. sorry for the posy just really confused about it and i figure i would ask you Marines.

sparkie
12-28-10, 06:21 PM
What? I'm really just confused.

Lisa 23
12-28-10, 06:28 PM
I'm with you sparkie.

Luis.....communications is the 06XX field....and Utilities is the 11XX field....which one is it?
No such place as 20 Palms.

DeCePtionx
12-28-10, 07:02 PM
You will find out what MOS you have near the end of boot camp

luis2787
12-28-10, 07:34 PM
I'm with you sparkie.

Luis.....communications is the 06XX field....and Utilities is the 11XX field....which one is it?
No such place as 20 Palms.

yes i know that but my contract says 0600 comm/1100 Utilities that's what i was confused about. i ment to so say 29 palms sorry stupid computer acts up sometimes.

Lisa 23
12-28-10, 07:54 PM
yes i know that but my contract says 0600 comm/1100 Utilities that's what i was confused about. i ment to so say 29 palms sorry stupid computer acts up sometimes.

My guess is that 06XX could be your first choice, and 11XX could be your second choice.

luis2787
12-28-10, 08:16 PM
My guess is that 06XX could be your first choice, and 11XX could be your second choice.

yea i really dont know lol that's why i figured i ask around lol

SGT7477
12-28-10, 08:25 PM
We use to wear utilities,lol,Semper Fidelis.

maelo
12-30-10, 05:00 PM
well i had the same exact EL u did and i ended being a 0621 (Field Radio Operator).

the job has its advantages but also very demanding depending on where u go. Im with 3rd Batallion 5th Marines a grunt unit and its very difficult and important we kkep comm up for the guys outside the wire. We have a lot of gear and there is always new things to learn from crypto to radios.

ex.

am in Afghanistan currently been here for 3 months already and when i touched floor in leatherneck i found out a long with the rest of the radio section that they had just implamented a new radio a 117Gulf now we use regular 117's but these is improved version with more capabilities. The radio was one that even my gunny has never used before. We had to rush and take a class in LNK and head out to my FOB in sangin to learn on the fly. Radio entails a lot of things its not just pushing buttons randomnly you have to know what the heel to do cause when comm goes down the first call you're receiving is from the BC saying what the hell

martinj
12-30-10, 06:56 PM
well i had the same exact EL u did and i ended being a 0621 (Field Radio Operator).

the job has its advantages but also very demanding depending on where u go. Im with 3rd Batallion 5th Marines a grunt unit and its very difficult and important we kkep comm up for the guys outside the wire. We have a lot of gear and there is always new things to learn from crypto to radios.

ex.

am in Afghanistan currently been here for 3 months already and when i touched floor in leatherneck i found out a long with the rest of the radio section that they had just implamented a new radio a 117Gulf now we use regular 117's but these is improved version with more capabilities. The radio was one that even my gunny has never used before. We had to rush and take a class in LNK and head out to my FOB in sangin to learn on the fly. Radio entails a lot of things its not just pushing buttons randomnly you have to know what the heel to do cause when comm goes down the first call you're receiving is from the BC saying what the hell

We don't need OPSEC.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-30-10, 11:25 PM
I don't see much in that post that would violate that, other than my sense of grammar, spelling and sentence structure. That's 'GRAMSEC'.

Moving on....06 (Radio operator) is your primary choice, 11 is your secondary from what it appears. 29 Palms is where Comm school is, no idea on the other one. Perhaps that is why it's listed or you heard that.

New York
01-05-11, 04:47 PM
ooh i got a funny story about OPSEC...It's called Facebook and Myspace of Marines...

SSgt Lamie
01-06-11, 08:29 AM
The Job SOU that you signed, DB, covers both the Communications and Utilities fields. Neither is your first or second choice. When you signed this form your Recruiter should of informed you that you could be placed in any of the MOS's that are in the 0600 or 1100 fields. What job you are given is determined by your ASVAB scores, background, and needs of the Marine Corps.

If you want to get some information about the MOS's that are included in these fields i would suggest looking them up on about.com and reading about the various jobs you could do.

As far as knowing what specific job you will be doing, you will know by either the end of Recruit Training or MCT.

luis2787
01-06-11, 11:05 AM
The Job SOU that you signed, DB, covers both the Communications and Utilities fields. Neither is your first or second choice. When you signed this form your Recruiter should of informed you that you could be placed in any of the MOS's that are in the 0600 or 1100 fields. What job you are given is determined by your ASVAB scores, background, and needs of the Marine Corps.

If you want to get some information about the MOS's that are included in these fields i would suggest looking them up on about.com and reading about the various jobs you could do.

As far as knowing what specific job you will be doing, you will know by either the end of Recruit Training or MCT.

Thank you SSgt finally got an real answer that i was looking for.

advanced
01-06-11, 04:32 PM

ex.

S/F Marine. You're in my old outfit. Make us proud!