PDA

View Full Version : marines who enlisted with ged and 15 college credits

wantitbad
12-27-10, 10:19 PM
just want to hear from marines who entered with ged and 15 college credits your stories would be a big help.....just. want to know how the marines changed your life and how it helped you further yourself

OIF2005Marine
12-28-10, 05:46 PM
Well I did not enter with a GED and college credits I had a high school diploma. The Marine Corps helped me out a lot in life. I did not join for selfish reasons I joined simply to serve. I can tell you if it wasn't for the Marine Corps I would not be where I am today. With out the Marine Corps I would still be haining out with my loser friends. I would be working a low paying job. If it wasn't for the Marine Corps I would not have got a civilian job with the dod and moved up as fast as I have (been working for DOD for 2½ years and I am currently a GS-11). I can tell you that if you want to pursue a degree later that it will help with college credits, I have 45 according to SMARTS(Marine and Navy transcripts website) just from Boot Camp, MOS School, and MCIs.

The Marine Corps has matured me pretty fast as well. Most people do not believe that I am 24 because the way I carry myself. I look at my old high school friends and think wow they are so immature.

That is how the Marine Corps has affected my life.

Vandrel
12-28-10, 06:05 PM
The Marine Corps didn't just change my life, it made me who I am today, I grew up in it.

I came in with a GED and walked out into a 6 figure career field.