PDA

View Full Version : A Marine Homecoming

SemperFiParent
12-23-10, 01:15 PM
We will be meeting our daughter, PFC Andrews, at the airport at 2230.
She just now updated her Facebook status with the following:

"Remember this Christmas, when you're eating your dinner, smiling and laughing, that in another house somewhere, there's an empty chair where a Hero should be sitting. They gave up their freedom and some gave up their life so that you can sit with your family.
So light a candle for the Heroes that did not make it home...and ...for those who are still serving out in Afghanistan and Iraq! Repost, show respect."

I wish to hell I could take a week of from my poor excuse for a job so that I would have more time to spend with her.

I will treasure every moment I have with her that I can, who knows, maybe the lottery ticket I bought last night will be a winner, then I can take some time off.

ANYWAY

I'm getting a bit too sentimental here, I know that I haven't been around much, the crazy hours I'm working to try and keep from living in my car don't allow much time for anything else, I hope to be around more after the first of the year.

So from Carl, Sue, Nick and USMC PFC Holly Andrews:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

The Sheepdog
12-23-10, 01:29 PM
Merry Christmas to you as well and congratulations on your daughter's graduation. This will certainly begin a new and exciting chapter in her life, as well as yours.

Rocky C
12-23-10, 03:32 PM
Merry Christmas Carl, Sue, Nick and USMC PFC Holly Andrews !!!

doc h fmf
12-23-10, 04:18 PM
Merry Christmas And A Happy And Healthy New Years Andrews Family.

Semper Fi And Godbless You Pfc Holly

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

SemperFiParent
12-23-10, 04:44 PM
Thanks to all of you

SGT7477
12-23-10, 04:48 PM
Merry Christmas to you all, the greatest gift of all A United States Marine, OOHRAH, Congrats, Semper Fidelis.

SemperFiParent
12-23-10, 04:51 PM
Merry Christmas to you all, the greatest gift of all A United States Marine, OOHRAH, Congrats, Semper Fidelis.

That IS one heck of a Christmas present, isn't it?

SGT7477
12-23-10, 05:14 PM
Yes it is something to hold very dear, something earned that can never be taken away, Semper Fidelis.:flag:

Marine84
12-23-10, 06:30 PM

Yes it is! :banana: Merry Christmas!