PDA

View Full Version : We all made mistakes as a child

padgett85
12-19-10, 03:46 PM
:iwo: <br />
I am a proud American son that was born November 8, 1985. In the 25 years I have lived I have learned many things. I have learned direction, obedience, consideration, humility confidence and...

josephd
12-19-10, 04:09 PM
uummmm, not sure where the question lays in all of that..??...

You made your bed and your the one who has to sleep in it. We are not recruiters here and can't tell you whether or not you'll be able to enlist. From what I have gathered out of this saga of drama you posted, although you may have turned yourself around there is still a lot of baggage trailing you and the Corps doesn't want to have to deal with any of it.

You need to sit down and have a long talk with a recruiter and see if he will even listen, there is numerous other people wanting to enlist with far less drama. You need to convince a recruiter not members of a forum.

padgett85
12-19-10, 04:53 PM
Sir, though you are a Marine and may not fully undestand what my issue is. Well here it is, I got got in trouble as a teen and am current trying to have the priviledge of serving my country as a U.S Marine. With all due respect, I believe in the Oath you swore under you held your right hand up to God in respect while accepting this Oath correct? All American currency as well as other articles we observe daily states: In God We Trust. Is he not a God that forgives and believes that human thinks as a child and deserves the shadow of doubt to be forgiven for his once made mistakes. So because I made a simple mistake as a child I was assuming you could understood and comprehended my situation. What I am asking, does anyone reognize my just cause in enlistment? I have a single juvenile infraction, but the way you expressed it as I have a repeated history of law infractions, My main concern is to those of higher rank and recruiting experience tho your opinion is welcome and very appreciated. Do I seem like I have a chance? You stated that I have a long saga of drama at which I do not recognize. Sir once again with all do respect, do u have the ability to see me as a rehabilitated individual and that since I commited such a crime no matter how small or large, should one time juvenile criminals be forgiven being they admitted to there wrong doing and overcame it by learning from their mistakes and becoming prosperous and productive citizens and never doing it again. It has been 8 years and I have not been in any trouble since. Thanks for your time and opinion in your previous reply. Though this may not be a recruiters office as you previously stated I am in seek of advice Sir and I thank you again

josephd
12-19-10, 05:08 PM
This is not a religious issue so I would drop all the "god" talk.

I can completely understand why you would want to enlist, I am not some young 18-19 year old kid. I am 26 and completely understand where you are coming from. I have been through college, numerous jobs, the OCS selection process, etc. etc...

If you want to serve that is great but you need to speak with a recruiter about what you want and what type enlistment issues you may have. Pleading your case to a public forum of Marines and wannabes will not get you anywhere because, while this may sound harsh, we don't care. We have earned our title as Marines and while we are here to answer questions about being a Marine, we can't answer personal philosophical questions about whether or not its the right thing to do. Only you can answer that question for yourself.

SGT7477
12-19-10, 05:24 PM
God, Country and Corps, Semper Fidelis.

Phantom Blooper
12-19-10, 05:43 PM
You need to go see a recruiter with documentation.

You maybe better off trying another branch of service......

The Marine Corps is booking only potential recruits with a clean laundry list.

Waivers can be had....however they are going to be hard to get for criminal...even though it was 8 years ago and you turned yourself around.

Try the NG or the army.....

Keep your nose clean.....and bring ALL paperwork to try to start a process.

Good luck!

padgett85
12-19-10, 06:10 PM
God, Country and Corps, Semper Fidelis.

I completley agree Sir,

Sgt Leprechaun
12-20-10, 07:22 AM
You've now asked this twice, and you'll get the SAME answer. Your life story matters not a WHIT.

Go..talk..to...a..RECRUITER.

And I'm telling you right now, the next post you make after this better be "I talked to the recruiter today" or I will BOOT YOUR BUTT off this site for a 30 day vacation, thus allowing you time to TALK TO A RECRUITER instead of fishing around for sympathy and whining about life.

And I promise you if you respond to this post with "But but but but" you'll be just as gone.

Quit whining and GO FRAKKIN DO IT!

Lastly, you have no RIGHT to serve. That's tough, but that's life. If you are DQ'd, then man up and move on.

Wyoming
12-20-10, 12:37 PM
Interesting reading. Sounds like a regular drama queen.

Lep, I suppose the black birds are fueled?

Sgt Leprechaun
12-20-10, 05:32 PM
Yep. And on standby.