PDA

View Full Version : lance corporal promotion

TFKnight
12-16-10, 04:47 AM
I was wondering how likely it is to get promoted while in boot camp from PFC to LCpl? I'm going in as PFC. Can you only get promoted from Private to PFC or LCpl as well?

Kiri
12-16-10, 10:05 AM
0% Nobody comes out of BC a LCpl ever.

Kiri
12-16-10, 12:16 PM
Apparently I have been corrected. I'm told that very rarely they do that if you have highest PFT score, rifle score, and honor graduate of your company.

Cellinheim
12-16-10, 06:52 PM
It is POSSIBLE... It depends on your drill instructors and how they view leadership. Our Drill Instructors appeared to choose ours randomly. The guy that was "supposed" to get it was "replaced" by a kid that ****ed his pants (it is boot camp, laugh if you will but I guarantee you it will become another thing that happens once you get used to boot camp, not saying everyone will mind you) because our guide was a dumba$$ and flunked PRACAP... Usually the guide gets it.

If you want it. Come out of the box strong. Do not back down. Stay strong the entire time you are on the isle. The will fire you. DO NOT stop doing your job just because you were fired... You will get Guide back. That is the best way to achieve it.

Is it an easy feat? H3LL NO! You have to know how to take chit. I am not just talking about nicknames... A bit of advice... The guide is not just an ass... You must be a Leader, not just a bully.

Source? I just graduated. See other post.

Nayo
12-21-10, 01:39 AM
We had a kid do who decided to empty his bowels all over himself during MCMAP. Our kill hat made fun of him for all of 1st phase! Good luck on making LCPL. It usually is the company honor graduate which is extremely hard to get. Good luck just making it through though.

TFKnight
12-23-10, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the information, i just want to succeed and be the best!