PDA

View Full Version : Citizenship issues

Heroesrising
12-14-10, 03:02 PM
Before asking my question i would like to thank all the Marines out there for your service. And thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Ok so this is where i am at, i have a ASVAB score of 55, Passed my physical and have a vision of 20/17 now i originally wanted to be a MP or Security Forces, or maybe thanks to my vision be a sniper but i dont know how the sniping would work out because i think its infantry first and then i would get picked i dont know.. if someone can elaborate on that thank's. Anyways i have already signed my contract,received my ship date ect. all i have left is to pick the MOS , something i did not realize was that i need to be a citizen for alot of jobs. and yes i am aware that i receive my citizenship after i believe it is 6 months. i am currently a resident and Hispanic. what my recruiter has suggested was i do Infantry for two years and then switch my MOS..but i am not fully sure of this, does anyone know what i can maybe do idk a waiver or something, and im currently 17 and wouldnt be able to get my citizenship before i leave. I feel like my options are running short, any ideas?

DontTreadOnMe
12-14-10, 04:42 PM
Question first where you adopted or did you move here with your family?

Heroesrising
12-14-10, 08:06 PM
I lived in Cuba and was claimed alongside with my mother by my father who lives here, but he is not a Citizen here either only a resident..

DontTreadOnMe
12-14-10, 08:49 PM
I'm not aware of any waivers for Citizenship, you must contact your recruiter. However yes Lat-moving is a possibility, but not too common when you hit your 2 year mark. Usually re-enlistments will enable you to have a good chance to lat-move, in my whole time in I've never personally seen anyone lat move in there first 2 years, while it is a possibility its not very likely but you could still try. My best advice to you would be pick an MOS your qualified for that interests you. Not all MOS's require citizenship usually only the ones that have to deal with clearances such as Intel and certain Radio MOS's ect...

Heroesrising
12-15-10, 08:40 PM
Well i wanted Mp, Or Security Forces and they both require it -_-