PDA

View Full Version : Page 11

NATECOLEINC
12-13-10, 04:22 PM
marine has a page 11 entry because he failed a PFT but the entry has a line crossed threw it. why is that?

sparkie
12-13-10, 08:44 PM
What? That is so unintellidgable I Cannot fathom,,,,,

Vandrel
12-14-10, 07:59 AM
http://www.bytelove.com/images/uploads/Bytelove/oneliners/lol%20-%20zoom.jpg

hrscowboy
12-14-10, 10:37 AM
Screw that PFT score crap i said it back in the late 60s and 70s and i will say it again. we as Marines are never gonna run 3 miles to a damn gunfight in full gear.. show me anywhere that running 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles at night is gonna make you any better of Marine shooting the enemy. All that running has proven to cause arthuritis as you get older plus Knee Replacements..

Vandrel
12-14-10, 11:26 AM
All that running has proven to cause arthuritis as you get older plus Knee Replacements..

Ah, so true

Where's my tylenol

devilbones2
12-14-10, 05:31 PM
Screw that PFT score crap i said it back in the late 60s and 70s and i will say it again. we as Marines are never gonna run 3 miles to a damn gunfight in full gear.. show me anywhere that running 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles at night is gonna make you any better of Marine shooting the enemy. All that running has proven to cause arthuritis as you get older plus Knee Replacements..

Its a set of standards. Nobody expects you to run that far in a gunfight thats why you do it in PT gear. Its is a measurement of physical ability and a way to gauge ones fitness.

SGT7477
12-14-10, 07:42 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:,Semper Fidelis.

Marine84
12-14-10, 08:44 PM
Tylenol my a$$! Lortab is waaaaaaaaay better!

Vandrel
12-15-10, 12:52 PM
I was always told to take Motrin and hydrate

fitz12390
12-15-10, 04:14 PM
I think rather than strictly running 3 miles everyday, more units should move to other forms of PT (football, soccer, basketball, etc.) It's still running, but doing the quick sets of sprints you do in those sports actually help bring your PFT time down better than the long distance running does...