PDA

View Full Version : Advice on moral waiver

padgett85
12-11-10, 12:51 PM
I am 25 years of age. I got in trouble when i was 17 years of age for affilaiting myself with the wrong people. When i was 17 years old and i had some friends that tried to involve me in a crime and...

Sgt Leprechaun
12-11-10, 11:54 PM
Obviously, a court thought differently. Be that as it may, at this point you'd require a criminal/moral waiver, and those aren't easy to come by these days. However, talk to a recruiter who'll get you started on the process.

padgett85
12-12-10, 08:27 PM
With all due respect sir, S.C law is different that any other because it states the hands of one is the hands of all and even though I didn't have anything to do with it I didn't call and inform...

josephd
12-12-10, 08:39 PM
The path you need to take still puts you through the recruiters door and needing a waiver, which like he said are tough to come by these days. <br />
<br />
We are not recruiters on here, all we can tell you is...

Sgt Leprechaun
12-12-10, 08:42 PM
I'm well aware of SC law since that's where I started my LEO career. And it's that way in ANY state. Conspiracy is conspiracy, and accessory is accessory. Stop dodging responsibility and just deal with it. Excuses? Heard 'em all. Obviously, as stated before, there was enough for the prosecutor to believe you were involved, didn't do the right thing, and enough to convict. So, you were convicted.

Now, moving on....

As I said, you'll need a waiver for criminal. Your chances aren't that bad, but they depend on what the total recruiting numbers are for your area and how many waivers they are granting. The only way to know what that is...is to talk to a recruiter directly. While I (and others) can give you advice, the recruiter can tell you the actual 'no bs' deal. Criminal waivers, as I said, aren't easy to come by, but in your case they might be do-able.