PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting for my recruiter

Novasito
12-10-10, 10:29 PM
I always wanted to join the armed forces, but i wanted to finish school first. I thought it would be easy to sign up and all but lately i've been proven wrong. I will be graduating in May 2011 with a Bachelors degree in Justice Studies and a minor in Psychology. So i decided to start the sign up process now so by the time i graduate it would be almost time to go to boot camp. I do not have any back ground issues or any law enforcement problems being that i am a Justice Studies major i gotta keep it clean as well as no drugs. When i went to see my recruiter i did 7 pull ups, and i usually run about 5 miles, as well as exercise on a daily basis since i am in an MMA gym. I obtained a tore labrum injury on my left shoulder 6 years ago but have had no more issues since my surgery (ortho). I am trying to go in as an enlistee E-2 more than likely being that i am not a citizen yet i cant go the Officer route. I am also asvab qualify with a score of 56, moral of the story is that i keep asking my recruiter for an update and what i get is that his boss is trying to find out? : ) not sure what else to do. BTW i just turned 23 yrs old. Any advice or info?

Sgt Leprechaun
12-11-10, 12:30 AM
Nope. It's a waiting game. Just one of those things I'm afraid.

Wood5831
12-11-10, 07:17 AM
I can tell you it is very hard to get in the Marine Corps right now. The Corps is over strength. The word on the street is all a recruiter needs to make mission is 1 body a month. Best thing to do is hang in there and be persistent. Also try another recruiter if you need to.

Novasito
12-11-10, 02:55 PM
Thank you for the replies. It is a bit disappointing, but nothing else to do other than to wait i guess. Will see what happens.