PDA

View Full Version : For Poolees looking into Public Affairs

Vise
12-10-10, 01:30 PM
No one can answer any questions about how to 43xx so I'm going to explain how my process has been so far as a Poolee.

You must need an ASVAB line score of 110 (GT) and 45 (VE). After you DEP in, you're recruiter will make an appointment for you to interview with a Public Affairs Officer or NCO at MEPS. I had my interview yesterday with a Marine named Sergeant Durham. The only question he asked me was why I wanted to be a combat correspondant. I answered that I loved journalism and I felt I could represent the Marine Corps well. I then gave him the web address to my blog and showed him some of my writing. He seemed to be interested in it and gave me additional information about the MOS. He encouraged me to get assigned with an MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) so that I'm able to travel a lot. The interview probably lasted ten minutes and he gave his reccomendation for me. Now I'm waiting to be called by a Gunnery Sergeant in San Diego for interview #2. The first interview is in-person and the second interview is over the phone.