PDA

View Full Version : Staff Sergeant Marks or Fenton Reese?

JHLFlyingElf
12-10-10, 12:33 PM
On Wednesday, December 8, 2010 two Marines showed up at my house after my mom left to go pick up my baby bro from HS. I answered the door and the black man (recruiter) (the other one was white) said, "Is Mel Martinez there." I said, "This is her" he said, "We heard that you were looking for more information on the Marine Corps." I replied, "Yes, but unfortuneately I can't join because of Aspergers." he then wrote something down on a piece of paper and they left. I said, "Bye" the white recruiter said, "Have a nice day." I then closed the door and went back to playing Call of Duty: Black Ops on the Nintendo DS.

Anyways I got an information packet from Mr. Reese the night before that happened and I checked my phone that night after my English class....I got a phone call from Staff Sgt. Marks and he left the number but I accidentally deleted it before I wrote it down. Now I have no way of contacting Mr. Marks or who the two Marines were that came to my door.

On the other hand, I did get a beanie from the Las Vegas Air Show 2010! Thanks guys and gals for coming out to support our troops and veterans in the Military, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard and other branches of service! Wish I got the name of the cute guy who helped me up to do the flex arm hang (which I held for an impressive 57 sec. as a result it got me my beanie).

Sincerely,
~+~[JHL]FlyingElf~+~
aka
~+~Melinda~+~

JHLFlyingElf
12-12-10, 02:26 PM
This is the letter I received with more information papers from Mr. Reese:

"Dear Melinda,

Do you think you have what it takes to be a Marine? Are you prepared for one of the most demanding challenges you will ever face?

The fact is, if you have the fortitude, confidence and will to improve yourself, then the Marine Corps may be right for you. Of course, it will not come to you easily. You will work harder than you ever thought possible.

But once you've earned the right to call yourself a Marine, you will discover that we offer incredible opportunities you won't find anywhere else, including career advancement and education.

So consider what it really means to be a Marine. Then if you think you can be one of us, contact your local Marine Corps Recruiting Office, which I've listed below for your convenience.

Marine Recruiting Substation
1527 W Craig RD BLDG 1
Suite 5
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
(702)-644-1958

Sincerely,
(signed name here)

Fenton Reese
Sergeant Major, United States Marine Corps
Sergeant Major, Marine Corps Recruiting Command"

elliscraig12
12-13-10, 10:07 AM
So what are you looking for? To get in?

JHLFlyingElf
12-17-10, 02:31 PM
Yes but I know that I can't....

You see, I was born 1lb. 4.5oz (back in 1990) and I have Autism....

elliscraig12
12-17-10, 02:39 PM
So you're promoting a gaming web site.