PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Diploma problems

Gabz17
12-10-10, 11:52 AM
So i had messed up in high school and left without getting my diploma, recently i came to Gary Job Corps in Texas and got my GED, after obtaining my GED i decided to go ahead and try for my diploma as i was only missing 2 credits. so i got my diploma from here and went to sign up for the Marines. My recruiter said it was a teir 2 diploma and i couldnt do it. i dont understand. Its just like a regular diploma and its accredited by the state of Texas Threw the southern association of schools and colleges, the same association that acredits TEXAS UNIVERSITY!!! why wont they see my diploma as a tier one??? I dont know what to do, all my hard work is blown up, how can it not be worth anything???

Vandrel
12-10-10, 11:56 AM
Maybe try asking at another recruiting station. Wish I could be of more help with this, I know the rules changed since I came in 10 years ago and oddly enough I joined under the same circumstances with a GED and adult diploma.

03Mike
12-10-10, 12:18 PM
First step - fill out your profile so we know a little more about you and your background.

Second step - start knocking out some community college classes. A college transcript trumps your high school diploma. It'll take more than one or two college courses, but that's where you need to start.

Lisa 23
12-10-10, 01:04 PM
Also, try doing a search on the site as this topic has been covered many times before.

Gabz17
12-10-10, 06:01 PM
I know it has but i havent seen anything else for "Job corps" specifically.

benford020489
12-15-10, 09:45 PM
Gabz, get a diploma and then try again. You WILL NOT get in without it. The Marine Corps has just finished the increase to 202,000 (approx, correct me if I'm wrong). So we are not hurting for recruits. I can't tell you how many people got turned away at my old RSS because of the very same problem.