PDA

View Full Version : When to contact a recruiter about enlisting after college

mk2331
12-09-10, 08:35 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a college sophomore and would like to enlist after getting my B.A. I decided that the officer route is not a good fit for me and what I can best offer of myself to the Marines.

As far as when to contact a recruiter, do you suggest waiting until after I've earned my B.A., or should I contact a recruiter earlier? I only ask because I understand processing takes a long time and since I go to school out-of-state, I won't be available locally during the school year for MEPS and DEP meetings/poolee functions. Also, I want to make it clear to the recruiter that I intend to earn my four-year degree before shipping out, so I don't want any pressure to do otherwise.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your service to our country.

-Matt

mk2331
12-11-10, 01:09 AM
Thank you for the advice, Lance Corporal. I’ll wait until my last semester like you said. And yes sir, it’s duly noted that my company officers might try to persuade me otherwise, but I won’t turn back on my decision to stay enlisted. I figure if I really wanted to be an officer all this time, then that’s something I would’ve planned for long before I started college.