PDA

View Full Version : Leatherneck Magazine June 1968

destinysedge
12-07-10, 06:19 PM
Hello. First of all I would like to extend my sincere deep appreciation and gratitude to all who have served this fine country. Thank you so very much and WELCOME HOME!!

Secondly, I wonder if any of you out there have the June 68 copy of Leatherneck Magazine that you wouldn't mind parting with. I would gladly pay a reasonable price for it. You see, my father Eugene August Kraskiewicz, Jr. served with Company "B", First Reconnaissance battalion, First Marine Division. He was in Vietnam, Overlooking the "A Schau Valley", I know he was west of AnHoa and fought NVA who were massing for an attack on KheSahn. He saved many members of his platoon that day.
He was in the Marine Corps from '56-'69, was in 3 tours of Vietnam bringing back 3 Purple Hearts and the Combat V Medal. He also was on the cover of the June 68 issue of Leatherneck Magazine. I have a copy (the one my dad had), but I recently was found by my older sister (my dad's first daughter whom was taken away from him during some unfortunate family events due to his wanting to serve in Viet Nam. He never saw her again after she was 3 years old.). I am searching for at least ONE copy of the magazine for my sister and if I could find 2 more copies down the line, it would be nice to have for her daughter and son. My dad passed away in 2002, 7 1/2 years before my sister found us. I would like to put together a memory book for her to let her and her children know who our father was as a person and fill any void she may have. If anyone has one they could part with please feel free to contact me. Thank you!! hugs from the North Country of Wisconsin

Marine84
12-08-10, 05:55 PM
Ummmmm sweetie................tell us a little bit about yourself by filling in a few things on your profile. We don't ask for anything THAT personal and we like knowing who we're talking to. This may be the reason why you've had 69 (counting myself) that has looked at your post and not answered your question.

Thanks in advance.

destinysedge
12-08-10, 07:04 PM
Thank you all for looking at my post. I am sorry that I didn't put anything in my profile as yet. I was just feverishly looking for a copy of that magazine, so thought I would come back to this part later. I am sorry if not filling in things offended anyone, or made them not respond to me thinking I was a wacko or something. Far from the case. I will update my information in just a bit...but to update you all, I did find a place to get back issues of the magazine, and have one coming in the mail. :D Thanks to a military friend I have on facebook! So thank you all for taking the time to look at my request. HUGS!!!!!!! and god bless

Phantom Blooper
12-08-10, 07:14 PM
You might try contacting Leatherneck Magazine in Arlington ,VA and see if they have copies in the archives.....

There should be an address and maybe a telephone #.

destinysedge
12-10-10, 07:51 PM
I am sad because the place that I ordered the copy of Leatherneck that I need wrote me and said that they regret to tell me that that particular issue is no longer available. So if anyone out there still has one that they might be able to part with please contact me! HUGS!

Sgt Leprechaun
12-11-10, 12:43 AM
Set up a perm. search on ebay using "Leatherneck 1968". That will give you a broad range. Have it come in daily. That way you won't miss anything.

I just ran a search, (just using 'Leatherneck') and found 51 magazines in the 'magazine back issues' section. Not the one you are looking for, however.

In the "militaria" section there are 54 magazines. None you want.

Based on this I'd probably build 2 separate searches. Of course, you can just run "Leatherneck" but that's probably going to give you a bunch of results you don't want.

Good luck in your quest!