PDA

View Full Version : Stupid kids

Nerd
12-07-10, 04:55 PM
I'm in an Air Force JROTC class to try and earn PFC before I go to bootcamp. But the thing that bothers me with these other idiot cadets is their disloyalty to their country and their flag

Some of the kids want to join, but they almost all want to be officers and fly or some other stupid job that they more than likely won't be able to get due to the high drop out rate.

The other stupid kids though, are horrible.

yesterday my squad (I refuse to call them "elements") was tasked with lowering the American and Virginia flag.

It began with the guy in front not being able to march at all. I couldn't stay in step with him because he kept changing step so often. That ****ed me off, and the instructors won't help him, then yell at me when I go all "Marine on him" (that's what they call it, because they're pathetic air force wimps).

Then we got down to the flags. I'm not gonna lie, it was cold as s*** outside, and I was in thin-ass dress uniform with no winter trench coat. We untied the flags...and the stupid moron who can't march DROPPED THE ROPE TO THE FLAG!! I just about had a fit

Finally, we were ordered to salute the flag as our beloved star spankled banner was lowered. The girl who had lowered the Virginia flag stood their with her salute up, but her arm was cocked forward. I growled at her to fix it and salute properly and she just scowled back and said "i'm too cold to hold my arm out"

Being in the United states Marine Corps DEP has taught me many things about myself. It has taught me that I am tougher than I expected, and increased my patriotism ten fold. it has also lowered my tolerance for weakness and pitifulness from people who should not be showing it.

Does any other poolee, especially those in JROTC, feel the same way about less motived people/cadets?

I just can't stand the "oh, don't join the military! you might die!" and God forbid you do something useful for your country who gives you everything!

Kiri
12-09-10, 10:43 AM
Yeah... I've had anti-military kids in my school come up and give me crap, but I can't say anything about it of course in school; 8 days left, so no point in messing that up. I just ignore them and fume. Too bad for one of them they decided to take it OUT of school a while ago.

My whole family is military and I'll be damned if I let some ignorant kid bash their efforts, especially since my bro was deployed to Iraq a few years ago. I put his face in the dirt. :evilgrin:

shadox
12-09-10, 01:33 PM
Yeah, dealt with a lot of ignorant cadets thinking they were bad-ass because they wore uniforms. Don't have any tips on how to deal with them, but just remember that you are far ahead of them,...

sparkie
12-09-10, 07:43 PM
Personally, I blame it all on Playstation. Soooooo many heros out there.

Vise
12-09-10, 09:54 PM
I deal with ignorant, uninformed, wine-sipping, anti-military, flag burning, butt churning, unmotivated screw ups every day.

Kiri
12-09-10, 10:54 PM
I deal with ignorant, uninformed, wine-sipping, anti-military, flag burning, butt churning, unmotivated screw ups every day.

:thumbup:

Vise
12-09-10, 11:05 PM
But Nerd, the best thing for you to do is to perfect yourself. In the long run, you'll be a better leader. One of the Marine Corps leadership principles is to set the example (#5).

Languagelover23
12-09-10, 11:30 PM
Nerd ...

I was the Corps Commander of my JROTC unit (I'm old now, 23), so trust me I know exactly how you feel! Kids un-tucking their shirts, females *****ing and whining about having to wear tie tabs, seeing them wear tennis shoes with their uniforms, etc. It used to REALLY tick me off when I saw uniform violations, on campus or off. No matter where they are they are still presenting an image for the military and it really gets me when I see such blatant disrespect. After a while though, I simply figured out that some people just don't feel the same way as I do about the military, and will likely spend their lives waiting tables or some crap : D

I mean, all you can do is appreciate those around you who feel as you do and ignore the others. You really can't change how others think. That is going to continue for the rest of your life dude, might as well get used to it.

Steve018
12-11-10, 05:45 PM
Nerd ...

I mean, all you can do is appreciate those around you who feel as you do and ignore the others. You really can't change how others think. That is going to continue for the rest of your life dude, might as well get used to it.

Very nice info, that attitude will carry well into the Marine Corps as I'm told that there are a lot of Marines who arent happy with the Marine Corps (they simply thought the Marines was going to be a picnic).

Anthonyr1991
12-21-10, 12:57 AM
Personally i love it when people call me crazy or that i could get deployed and fight and die, why els would i join the Corp? To hold hands and sing coombaaiia around a camp fire? And how could any American drop any flag? In my mind its almost treason. Well im done with my rant :D

Nayo
12-21-10, 01:24 AM
Sweet Jesus! A poolee applied himself and knows a leadership principle!! I didn't learn mine until 3rd phase!

crodgers4101
01-16-11, 03:26 PM
Personally, I blame it all on Playstation. Soooooo many heros out there.

Anyone can be on the top of the list in Call Of Duty:thumbup:

Buhler
01-17-11, 02:05 AM
Haha whenever I see people like that it makes me feel even prouder of myself for enlisting, cause lets face it, they dont have room for *******. :cool:

DudefromDiego
02-13-11, 09:29 PM

I had one of those carbon dioxide makers spit on my face and call me baby killer.

How do you think that ended for him?

Nerd
02-14-11, 01:20 PM
not well I assume? haha

A PFC I know got spit on and beat the **** out of a guy. He was out of uniform, though it's still kind of unacceptible, I completely understand why he did it

DudefromDiego
02-14-11, 04:49 PM
not well I assume? haha

A PFC I know got spit on and beat the **** out of a guy. He was out of uniform, though it's still kind of unacceptible, I completely understand why he did it

Eh, I don't really remember. All I can recall was sitting in the principals office with handcuffs on me and specks of blood on my fists.

I don't care if I'm a Marine or a Poolee. You spit on my face, your azz is going down.

ImpatientPoolee
02-14-11, 08:46 PM
Bottom-line is, for every ****bag that disrespects the uniform, disrespects the man in uniform, or disrespects the country- there are 3x that many who respect the uniform, respect the man in the uniform, and respect this country.

Don't let dumbasses who sit on their computer, look up conspiracy theories, and in their freetime enjoy asking mommy for a few extra dollars to get the latest video game get you down. You got Marines and poolees on here that admire what you do, and understand the sacrifice!

Semper-ahh you thought! :)

Peace guys.

ChrrySkoal
02-15-11, 06:48 AM
Man I completly agree. Kids in my school don't even STAND TO SAY THE PLEDGE! It ****es me off!