PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Harbor Day

jp2usmc
12-07-10, 02:10 PM
Sending out a special remembrance to all those who are still around that served back then.

I was saddened this morning when neither the local nor the national news mentioned this day in history.

Wyoming
12-07-10, 05:07 PM
**** the ****ing ****ers, I didn't forget!!

Neither did my Army Air Corps Pilot Father and 2 Marine Uncles, up to their dying days.

USNAviator
12-07-10, 06:09 PM
Sending out a special remembrance to all those who are still around that served back then.

I was saddened this morning when neither the local nor the national news mentioned this day in history.

The only story I saw was on the History Channel. Sadly, Remember Pearl Harbor has gone the way of Remember the Maine and the Alamo. Soon 9/11 will be forgotten as well

Old Marine
12-07-10, 06:47 PM
It is a terrible shame how fast people forget.

If you have been to Pearl Harbor you will see that oil is still coming to the surface from the Arizona. The Hawaiians say that it is the tears from those who went down with her.

sparkie
12-07-10, 08:02 PM
Local news did a good job. Don't have many complaints. Mostly I feel it was forgotten with 9-11.
We have friends here who was there for WW11. Lee, I love you Brother,,, remembering you on this day. And Lee,,, I remember your brother too.

linda1945
12-07-10, 09:01 PM
I haven't forgotten Pearl Harbor!!
Semper Fi
Lin

yanacek
12-07-10, 10:25 PM
Well apparently the news networks remembered too. They had a 10-second mention about Pearl Harbor... followed by 2 minutes about John Lennon's death.

hbharrison
12-08-10, 01:17 AM
I for one will never forget, not now not ever.

Mistybluelady
12-08-10, 06:45 AM
It was on the local news here in Canada....and the local Naval Club here has flags at half mast. God Bless.

Mistybluelady
12-08-10, 07:02 AM
Dear God, not everything that happens in your world reflects your goodness and grace. You have given us freedom to choose, and with that freedom sometimes we choose to do evil. Today we remember a time of great evil in our world - we remember World War II. We also remember those who stood their ground against great evil, those who fought here at home and on the battle fronts to insure that evil would not prevail. We thank you that in the hour of need you gave men and women the strength and resolve to stand, whatever the cost. May those brave souls who still remain here with us feel today your hand of favor and strength. In their last years here on earth give them renewed hope and an awareness of our gratitude for their bravery and sacrifice. May we never forget them, and may you honor them according to the grace you gave in those days and according to their response to that grace, then and now. In Jesus..."

(http://blog.beliefnet.com/prayerplainandsimple/2009/12/pearl-harbor-day-a-prayer-for-those-who-fought-to-keep-us-free.html#ixzz17Wb4KHo0)

Neumann
12-08-10, 08:56 AM
I for one will never forget, not now not ever.

I know I'm a day late But I'm with you sir. My Great-Grandfather was in the harbor during the attack. May all of our lost men and women rest in Peace.

JAGarland
12-08-10, 10:15 AM
A day late, but I did not forget!

Vandrel
12-08-10, 12:17 PM
I didn't forget either.

To show my respect I killed a few hundred japs in Call of Duty the other day.

Semper Fi

USNAviator
12-08-10, 12:19 PM
It was on the local news here in Canada....and the local Naval Club here has flags at half mast. God Bless.

It's comforting to know our neighbors to our north care and remember that "day of infamy".

Osotogary
12-08-10, 01:22 PM
It just seems as though this horrific, infamous, historical day in U.S. history should have received alot more attention. U.S. history seems to take a back seat to whatever is currently in vogue and commercially newsworthy. God forbid that 9/11 will fade away from the educators of our youth.
Then you get the thought that history repeats itself. History will always repeat itself if the lessons learned are never understood, reinforced and implemented. National defense is a 24/7 proposition. Someone or some group didn't make the right decisions on either day, Dec.7th, and Sept. 11th. History had indeed repeated itself.
Prayers outbound to all lost souls. May they rest in eternal peace.

USNAviator
12-08-10, 01:24 PM
It just seems as though this horrific, infamous, historical day in U.S. history should have received alot more attention. U.S. history seems to take a back seat to whatever is currently in vogue and commercially newsworthy. God forbid that 9/11 will fade away from the educators of our youth.
Then you get the thought that history repeats itself. History will always repeat itself if the lessons learned are never understood, reinforced and implemented. National defense is a 24/7 proposition. Someone or some group didn't make the right decisions on either day, Dec.7th, and Sept. 11th. History had indeed repeated itself.
Prayers outbound to all lost souls. May they rest in eternal peace.

Well said Gary :thumbup:

kenrobg30
12-09-10, 10:11 AM
The only story I saw was on the History Channel. Sadly, Remember Pearl Harbor has gone the way of Remember the Maine and the Alamo. Soon 9/11 will be forgotten as well

Good Morning DAN. Sad as it is, these dates seem to have a habit of becoming politically inconvenent. The new Turks, at the top are embarrassed by them., so they get swept under the rug. Just one opinion.
Fair Winds, and Following Seas Brother, and S?F!! Ken :flag:

AlohaMarine
12-09-10, 09:54 PM
They definitely didn't forget at Pearl Harbor...

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8769/shipsail.jpg
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/6359/tenneseesurv.jpg

The ship in the background is the USS Pearl Harbor
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3029/usship2.jpg

jp2usmc
12-10-10, 09:12 AM
Why'd you spray our Devil Dogs in the face?

I'd think they'd be proud of who they were, and they were performing an honorable assignment when the photos were taken.

I'm sure you were just trying to protect them, but I wouldn't think that would be necessary for a case like this.

DocGreek
12-10-10, 09:29 AM
:evilgrin:.....is there a "Ia Drang Day"??...:evilgrin:

AlohaMarine
12-10-10, 12:45 PM
Why'd you spray our Devil Dogs in the face?

I'd think they'd be proud of who they were, and they were performing an honorable assignment when the photos were taken.

I'm sure you were just trying to protect them, but I wouldn't think that would be necessary for a case like this.

Because I'm one of those "devil dogs", and people on this forum are dirt bags that like to **** over other Marines once they find out who they are if you get under their skin. Its happened to me before so don't act like its alright. (Thats why I had to change my screen name, but most of the old timers know who I am)

JHLFlyingElf
12-10-10, 01:00 PM
Never forget 9/11 or 12/14/1941....RIP to all those who were lost in war or due to terrorism. We shall never forget you!

Can I get an Hoorah? lol (I know I wasn't supposed to put that but come on...)

Stay safe everyone and Happy Holidays!!!!

USNAviator
12-10-10, 01:33 PM
Never forget 9/11 or 12/14/1941....RIP to all those who were lost in war or due to terrorism. We shall never forget you!

Can I get an Hoorah? lol (I know I wasn't supposed to put that but come on...)

Stay safe everyone and Happy Holidays!!!!

Well I for one won't forget 12/14/1941......;)

<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#273747" valign="top">12/14/1941 </td> <td bgcolor="#273747"> Premier Winston Churchill travels to US on board HMS Duke of York
Type: Event </td> </tr> <!-- END: row_history_events.tpl --> <!-- NAME: row_history_events.tpl --> <tr> <td bgcolor="#273747" valign="top"> 12/14/1941 </td> <td bgcolor="#273747"> Barry Hadlee, cricketer (bro of Dayle and Richard, NZ World Cup 1975)
Type: Birth </td> </tr> <!-- END: row_history_events.tpl --> <!-- NAME: row_history_events.tpl --> <tr> <td bgcolor="#273747" valign="top"> 12/14/1941 </td> <td bgcolor="#273747"> 1st NFL division playoff, Bears beat Packers 33-14
Type: Event </td> </tr> <!-- END: row_history_events.tpl --> <!-- NAME: row_history_events.tpl --> <tr> <td bgcolor="#273747" valign="top"> 12/14/1941 </td> <td bgcolor="#273747"> U-557 torpedoes British cruiser Galatea </td></tr></tbody></table>

JHLFlyingElf
12-10-10, 01:53 PM
Check it out! I was actually at Pearl Harbor! That's my brother next to me! :marine:

Mistybluelady
12-10-10, 02:33 PM
&lt;!--&gt;&lt;xml&gt; &lt;w:WordDocument&gt; &lt;w:View&gt;Normal&lt;/w:View&gt; &lt;w:Zoom&gt;0&lt;/w:Zoom&gt; &lt;w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/&gt; &lt;/w:WordDocument&gt; &lt;/xml&gt;&lt;!--&gt; Pearl Harbor and 9/11 are going to slowly fade into the...

USNAviator
12-10-10, 10:43 PM
Lisa <br />
<br />
I remember reading about and later seeing this via old news reels. Ike was at Auschwitz with Gens. Bradley and Patton. His message was clear and to the point, sadly his predictions have...