PDA

View Full Version : Recruit program

Ploft
08-20-02, 05:30 PM
Roger & Cook Need help guys!

What is this new program that recruits have SPLIT PROGRAM 92 Day Reservist
I have two football players that just finished boot nad now are back in school will go to MOS school next summer and the year after to another school.

wish they had something like that when I went in would have stuck around and gone to college insted of war.

Ploft

thedrifter
08-20-02, 05:37 PM
The best person who be able to explain the whole situation is Sixguns.....
We will try to keep this near the top that he would be able to answer your question....

Sempers,

Roger

Sixguns
08-20-02, 05:38 PM
Is NOT new!

This enlistment option allows reserve enlisted Marines the opportunity to complete recruit training in a 92-Day period (Recruit Training only) and return to their reserve unit. This program is ideal for the college-bound student or those already engaged in educational studies. The program ships reservists to training in May and June each year and guarantees them that they will graduate training and return home before the college semester begins again in fall. Then these new reserve Marines receive OJT at their units when they report for a drill weekend every month. They continue drilling monthly with their unit until the following summer when they return to active duty to get MOS school training done if they have not been awarded their primary MOS through OJT. If MOS qualified, these reservists will normally attend AT (Active Training) periods (two weeks) with their units during the summer months. I hope that answers your question.

R/S

Ploft
08-20-02, 07:11 PM
Thanks Bruce, I have two of these Marines on my football team at Stonehill College in Ma. Both would like to try and become Officers if they can. I can only tell them what it was like eons ago. Thats one of the things I like about this cite you have a question you ask and you get an answer or pointed to someone who can answer your question. Thanks for your help bro and keep things safe down there on 95 south. Semper Fi.

Ploft

Ploft
08-20-02, 07:13 PM
Thanks Roger, Bruce filled me in . Now at least I know what there talking about. Got to keep the Old Fart up to date on whats happening.

Ploft

top1371
08-21-02, 12:04 AM
Just an admin note for the recruiters out there. <br />
<br />
If you put someone in this split program, your data at the RS will reflect a MCRD discharge when the Marine is returned home. There is an...