PDA

View Full Version : Laptop at Ft Sill?

PvtSam
12-05-10, 12:59 PM
Hello everyone, my projected ship date is January 3rd 2011. My contract is for 0811 6 year Marine Corps reservist. I've given up on the idea of bringing a laptop to MCT but I'm wondering if I will be able to have one while at Ft Sill Oklahoma for artillery training. Thanks any advice or input.

If its not going to be possible to have a laptop at Ft Sill, could I bring along a cell phone?

Rocky C
12-05-10, 03:25 PM
Yes and Yes.

GunRock0811
12-06-10, 01:57 AM
Ohhh brother, stay out of Lawton if you can!

revleo
12-07-10, 12:33 AM
Hell I retired out here. Love the town small enough to not be a bother. And all of the amenities of a big city. And yes the Marines inbarracks here in Ft Sill can have laptops. But I remind you that you need to be about the business. Of learning your trade. Nothing worse you can do to the grunts. Down range than make the the object of friendly fire. Cause you were to busy playing Halo on th Lappy. To know where to send the steel on time.

GunRock0811
12-07-10, 06:31 PM
Hell I retired out here. Love the town small enough to not be a bother. And all of the amenities of a big city. And yes the Marines inbarracks here in Ft Sill can have laptops. But I remind you that you need to be about the business. Of learning your trade. Nothing worse you can do to the grunts. Down range than make the the object of friendly fire. Cause you were to busy playing Halo on th Lappy. To know where to send the steel on time.

I didn't mean any disrespect towards Lawton. When I was there however Marines would go out and go wild, generally getting everyone in trouble, libbo secured, etc. Thats more of what I was implying. And your post is spot on.