PDA

View Full Version : Afghan deployment

josephd
12-04-10, 08:23 PM
Leaving in a few months for deployment, besides gear anything you recent combat vets suggest I should start looking at getting.

an ipod(large gb), laptop, and books were all suggested from some others I have spoken with but what other kind of other things that are less obvious that I will need or want?

R Landry
12-04-10, 10:35 PM
From a US Army viewpoint: <br />
<br />
Chapter 1: Gear <br />
<br />
<br />
The following list is from my experiences and from friends in Iraq that pertain to here Afghanistan also. Some of these won’t be needed until...

R Landry
12-04-10, 10:47 PM
Here's the link to the Army blog where the list above came from:

http://afghanlessons.blogspot.com/2009/04/chapter-1-gear.html

dback13
12-05-10, 03:02 PM
You don't need most of that sh!t on the list. What you need all depends on where you're going and what you're doing. The guy that never leaves Bagram won't need the same stuff as the guy living out of his day pack.

josephd
12-05-10, 03:46 PM
You don't need most of that sh!t on the list. What you need all depends on where you're going and what you're doing. The guy that never leaves Bagram won't need the same stuff as the guy living out of his day pack.

I don't know what our AO will be but I know what we are being billeted out as. From our brief and what I gathered we will be outside the wire quite a bit.