PDA

View Full Version : First off hello all Marines. Please help!

Zach Curtis
12-04-10, 06:42 PM
First off I would like to applogies for any spelling or grammer mistakes typing through a phone keyboard. I would like to introduce myself, I am Zach Curtis a patriot and lover of the Marine Corps.

I am fifteen years old and I have wanted to join the Marines for a while now after speaking to my recruiter and doing research of my own this what I want. I have one problem, my parents don't approve. I have given up on talking to them about. They think serving my country would be good but they want me to do it after college. I am very capapble of doing that I get good grades but I want to enlist as soon as I graduate highschool. I am older then my class turning 18 my junior year and 19 my senior year. I think signing up for a DEP would be best helping me to get the MOS I want. I want to be in the thick of it fighting alongside everyone in the combat. So what I'm saying is would signing up my junior year at the age of 18 and working out more often then I already do. Or should I sign up right out of highschool? I do know as soon as I graduate I'm joining with or without their approval. I would just apreciate their surport and blessing. I don't plan on bringing up the conversation untill junior year, but I'm deadset on this I want the dicispline, the honor, and everything that comes will being one of the few and proud. I would just like some advice maybe share your stories anything to help.

Once again thanks for your help guys by the way I love the site!

GyC
12-04-10, 08:16 PM
You have to be a bonafide senior to enlist, so you have to wait until after the current school year if you're a junior right now, regardless of your age... Ask your parents to accompany you to the Recruiter's office to get some basic info about Educational Opportunities in the Marine Corps, ... Just read that you're fifteen... Go get some pamphlets and bring them home to go over with your parents... Go to Marines.com, register and there should be a Parents section on the site... Refer them to it, you have alot of time... Don't bother gong to an office, you're a long way from being eligible to enlist... S/F

Zach Curtis
12-04-10, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply I appreciate! That's no problem its well worth the wait to be a senior I was just wondering if I turn 18 as a junior is their any course or something I can enlist in to help me prepare before hand? And another thing my parents are not big on me joining after high school/before college, which is exactly what I want to do. How do I go about convincing them? And what is a good MOS for frontline infantry? Thanks I appreciate all the help untill recently I pretty much felt I was tackling this huge obstical on my own. And want are some good techniques to help get me in shape? I am average weight for my age, for example what eating routines should I choose workout at the gym ect?

martinj
12-04-10, 08:29 PM
Look up cross fit, stay OUT of a traditional gym.

Old Marine
12-04-10, 09:40 PM
Zach:

Suggest you be carefull what you wish for.

advanced
12-05-10, 05:36 AM
Zach:

Suggest you be carefull what you wish for.

Good advise.

Zach Curtis
12-05-10, 09:32 AM
What do you mean " be carefull what you wish for?"

Muhreen4Lyfe
12-05-10, 05:47 PM
He means watch out for the big green weenie...

You don't need to be a PT god either, cross fit is good, but even dudes who are ripped will end up puking their guts out after a sesh.. I just work out on my own, typically alternating legs, core, and arms/back, and cardio on different days depending on how I'm feeling.