PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion,

SoonToBe3521
12-04-10, 05:18 PM
how much do you think life is a mental thing? Meaning, how much do you believe that if you strongly believe in something it can be done? Thanks in advance.

3043pog
12-04-10, 06:31 PM
Huh?????????????????

SoonToBe3521
12-04-10, 06:40 PM
Basically, do you believe that anything can be done when you set your mind to it?

jumpinjack
12-04-10, 06:41 PM
life is all about attitude, if you tell yourself it suck, then it will suck, but if you tell yourself it's good, it will be good, although we all know them jerks that will **** on you poptart, or poop on you post toastes. But if you keep you attitude up, life will be up. When I say Motivated you say dedicated. Motivated Dedicated. Semper FI

sparkie
12-05-10, 06:25 AM
Experience is the best teacher. Mind over matter? Not. The mind needs training. When you have the experience of fortitude you can begin to streach yourself.

I work a job where the younger guys tell me they don't know how I do it all day. I just smile.
Going that extra couple of miles takes training. And there is only one good school for it that I know of.

advanced
12-05-10, 07:51 AM
Every thing that you have ever done, anything you will ever do is first a creation within your mind. Every Marine here first saw a vision of themselves as a Marine first, then they took action to actualize their internal thoughts into physical reality.

Is this what you mean?

SoonToBe3521
12-05-10, 09:59 PM
Absolutely, thanks to all of you. I just needed some more of that mental edge, that I can do things if I set my mind to them.

tdrt
12-06-10, 09:45 AM
life is all about attitude, if you tell yourself it suck, then it will suck, but if you tell yourself it's good, it will be good, although we all know them jerks that will **** on you poptart, or poop on you post toastes. But if you keep you attitude up, life will be up. When I say Motivated you say dedicated. Motivated Dedicated. Semper FI

Exactly! We all create our own life and experiences -- good or bad, it doesn't matter. Everything that "happens" to us first was a thought that we wanted to happen. The Universe just responds to our "thoughts" or wish.

Pretty deep sh!t, huh?

Sgt Leprechaun
12-06-10, 08:26 PM
Yes.

Except of course, flying, and breathing underwater without help. I don't reccommend you try those with just your mind.

I'm sure there are others but those come to mind...

revleo
12-07-10, 01:22 AM
First thing they beat out of you in Boot. Is the thought that I can not do it. If there is an obstacle that a Marine cannot handle. I have yet to see it. Over Around or Through it Right guys.