PDA

View Full Version : Need help run times. leave in about 30 days.

lake9
12-04-10, 01:40 PM
Hello I'm worried about my 3 mile run time.

My 1.5 mile is 9:20 mins to 10:20
My mile run time is 6: 30-7mins
i ran my first three mile and ran a horrible 33 mins i ran and timed this on my own. The reason i think my time was crappy was because it was my first time and i kept a very slow pace i never stopped once of course. tomorrow I'm going to redo this 3 mile and see if i do any better. my main question is can i increase my three mile run time down to at least 20 mins before i leave in January? thats about 30 days now.

Chad4391
12-04-10, 03:42 PM
I've found that cadence not only works to take your mind off the running but destroys your lungs and builds their strength. So if you can get a buddy to run with you and just cadence with him and sound off that should help. Also, wind sprints will help a lot. Depending on how often you run, it would be wise to mix it up. Do a 1.5 or 3 mile run one day and then wind sprints the next. That's just my opinion.

lake9
12-05-10, 04:49 PM
alright thanks. I might just be over worried. I'm pretty sure the PFT is at the end of boot before the crucible ill have ran much before that so ill be in even better running condition. My mile time inst to bad and neither is my 1.5 its just my 3mile I'm worried about.