PDA

View Full Version : Pull-ups

Chad4391
12-04-10, 04:06 AM
I'm having trouble increasing my pull-ups. I just got a pull-up bar and it seems to be helping but I was wondering if anyone had some tips for me to increase the number of pull-ups I do. I don't ship for another 3 months but I'd like to be able to do 10 by the time I leave for Boot Camp.
Thank you.

PooleeGewarges
12-04-10, 07:57 AM
Do alot of negatives. Get a chair, ull yourself up with help from the chair, slowly go down without the use of the chair, repeat this until your arms give out. Do 3 sets max.

Wenzel
12-04-10, 08:26 AM
The Flex-Arm hang works well too. What I did is where ever I was, if I was out with friends or running, if I saw something that I could do a few pull-ups on, I would do it right then and there.

PARKER93
12-04-10, 05:31 PM
You should also look into the armstrong pull up program. Ive gotten very positive results with it.

Vise
12-04-10, 08:27 PM
Do the Recon Ron pull-up program. Also, do pull-ups EVERY DAY until you can do at least 15 with ease. I started off doing 14 pull-ups and now I can do 23. Practice makes perfect. Your muscles will get used to the motion if you keep practicing.

soon2bMarine10
12-04-10, 11:33 PM
Try the Armstrong pull up program it worked for me i can do 29 now

Chad4391
12-05-10, 04:25 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys! I've looked into a lot of those programs and I'll probably either attempt the Armstrong pullup program or just do a simple ladder workout program.

IHaveEGA843
12-08-10, 08:29 PM
If you can access one the lap pull down machine is awesome for building those back and bicep muscles up for pull ups. I use to just increase weight and keep doing low reps but it never helped in increasing my pull ups. Actually using lower weight and alot of reps burnt my muscles out and helped me.

Also a marine who was in the gym working out told me to do as many pull ups as you can......rest for 5 min then go back to maxing out. He said it helped him

Steve018
12-09-10, 03:48 PM
Negatives or have someone help you (assisted pull ups, helps a lot). I would suggest lat pull downs but Marines have told me to stay well away from weight training. Dont get discouraged, pull ups are hard but you can easily improve. I went from going from zero to 9 pull ups, you can do it too.

edit: check out the recon ron pull up program once you hit 6 pull ups. better than any lat pulldown machine, you will improve using it.