PDA

View Full Version : Naval Academy

JWert93
12-02-10, 09:52 PM
Okay, I'm currently a Junior in high school. I have a legitimate chance at making the Naval Academy, I have the grades, and I believe I will get the test scores too. I already have contacted my representative about being interested, and this coming Spring I am able to apply for his nomination. If I make it I will definitely make sure to get one of the coveted Marine option slots.

But, I've always looked at possibly enlisting, and do not know which I should do. I come from a family that has a history of service. My grandfather served in the Navy on a communications vessel in the Pacific during WWII. My uncle, who I am named after, served in Vietnam with the Army. I really would like to enlist, but there is something in me that wants to go to the Naval Academy.

I always strive to be the best at everything I have done, and not being the best makes me work harder. That's one of the reasons I want to go to the Naval Academy, because being among others who strive to be the best will push me to become the best I can be. However I feel that enlisting will also push me to become the best I can be.

As of right now I am really leaning towards the Academy. What do you think?

(I won't change my mind based on anyone's recommendations, however I would love to hear what you think anyways.)

Lisa 23
12-02-10, 10:13 PM
Naval Academy!!!

Sgt Leprechaun
12-02-10, 11:18 PM
Oh, yeah. Naval academy for sure!!!

sscjoe
12-03-10, 07:25 AM
Take it from someone, who had the chance to go to the A.F. Academy in 1972 and turned it down, GO TO THE ACADEMY.
btw- DEC 11, GO ARMY - BEAT NAVY

SGTBrentG
12-03-10, 07:39 AM
Naval Academy! That's probably a half million dollar degree!

03Mike
12-03-10, 08:09 AM
Agreed - very few get the opportunity to go to any of the academies. Go for it.

USNAviator
12-03-10, 08:16 AM
I tried and didn't make it, got put on the wait list. By all means, if you have an opportunity go to the Academy. Even if you don't make a career out of it, the education is free and when you have fulfilled your obligation, the corporate world is waiting

Sorry Joe;

Go Navy...Beat Army

DrZ
12-03-10, 08:16 AM
If you pass the chance to go to the Naval Academy, you will be kicking your own butt for the rest of your life. The education is one of the best. Those hallowed halls contain the spirits of many of our American leaders.

Take the road that leads to the academy and don't waste any additional time considering any other way.

temarti
12-03-10, 08:23 AM
As the consensus says.. Naval Academy!!

USNAviator
12-03-10, 08:27 AM
James

If you still have doubts, see if you can visit the Academy this summer. And look at the Academy website and order a book called Reef Points. It's the book all Plebes must learn by heart.

JWert93
12-04-10, 10:11 PM
Thank you all for your opinions! I'll definitely look up Reef Points, on top of the stuff I'm already doing. Thanks again!

TunTvrnWarrior
12-04-10, 10:50 PM
Naval Academy is the best choice period.

revleo
12-07-10, 12:58 AM
Naval Academy By all means. Would be good to have a Good Officer. Available to our ranks. Learn all you can and always remember. When you do get to the frontline units. The best advice any Officer can receive is.
Listen to your NCO,s. Too many possibly good officers. Fail to heed this advice. At thier peril and the peril of their troops.