PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Bounds Chit

Potato Salad
12-01-10, 10:56 AM
Good Morning Marines,

I'm having trouble finding an out of bounds chit for the upcoming Christmas 96. I've been told that MOL has one, but I can't find it anywhere on that site. I've also searched Google and Leatherneck.com but can't find anything useful.
Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thank you.

elliscraig12
12-01-10, 11:43 AM
If you don't have an S-1 then go to your Plt. Sgt. Your command should have them. You shouldn't have to go online to find them. If anything your OIC can inform the OD you are authorized out of bounds. Have fun.:beer:

Nathan706
12-01-10, 12:55 PM
Go on your MOL and click on the special liberty tab. Click on new special liberty request and under your name on the right side is a drop down menu for type of request. Click on out of bounds and fill it out like normal.

elliscraig12
12-01-10, 02:47 PM
Go on your MOL and click on the special liberty tab. Click on new special liberty request and under your name on the right side is a drop down menu for type of request. Click on out of bounds and fill it out like normal.

I've been out almost 20yrs so I have to ask, what's an MOL. Back in my day if you wanted out of bounds you just simply went to your Plt. Sgt./NCOIC. I think if I were to go back to the Corps today I'd be lost. Things really seemed to have changed.:iwo:

devilbones2
12-01-10, 05:14 PM
MOL=Marine OnLine. We went digital. Like 10 years ago.

Phantom Blooper
12-04-10, 10:33 AM
The problem with not requesting an out of bounds chit and getting approval....is in the event of an accident ....hospitalization...or possible death.

There would be a line of duty investigation and if it is found to be a discrepancy they could possibly not pay hospital bills or life insurance benefits to the NOK.....unless the LOD investigate cooks the books....

According to some NASCAR DOD reject....the travel time is supposed to be the safe zone time of getting from point A to point B safely.....good thing they didn't use Map-quest or a GPS or we still would be trying to get back to base Monday morning.......

gkmoz
12-04-10, 10:46 AM
Speaking of the "old days", in my era we went way out of bounds and no one cared, as long as we were back in the barracks and ready for duty Monday morning. In the First Sgt's office there was a big map with circles drawn on it, each one representing the distance one could legitimately go from Camp Lejeune re a certain number of hours' pass.
I think it was 24, 36, 72, 96 hrs. But we went from Camp Lejeune on a 15 hr trip every Friday afternoon, came back Mon morning at 6am, 15 hrs back. This was six or seven of us in a station wagon, BEFORE INTERSTATES WERE EVERYWHERE.
It was truly "don't ask, don't tell", as far as liberty distances were concerned.

Did a 96 from San Diego to Cleveland,Ohio once ! didn't get caught either ! LOL!! :D

Theoldgunny
12-04-10, 11:29 AM
Heck from New River to NY City on a 48 103 wkends in row but the last wkend was real fun had a call back for all marines due to Leb mount out it was like a convoy heading south with all the lejeune new river and cherry point stickers heading south an the local police lokking the other way with the speed limit and in some arears leading the way w/lights going

Haaniowa
12-08-10, 02:06 PM
[quote=Potato Salad;720558]Good Morning Marines,

I'm having trouble finding an out of bounds chit for the upcoming Christmas 96. I've been told that MOL has one, but I can't find it anywhere on that site. I've also searched Google and Leatherneck.com but can't find anything useful.
Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thank you.[/quo

Have you really been in the MC for 2 years and dont know where to get a out of bounds chit? Really you have been failed by your seniors.:thumbdown