PDA

View Full Version : I need Advice- NROTC or Enlistment or PLC??

Aintamarineyet
12-01-10, 08:02 AM
Sunday I recived in the mail my acceptance letter to Eastern Michigan University, a NROTC affliate of the University of Michigan (which if I do good at EMU I can transfer too after two years). My shipdate for Boot Camp is 20110620. I probably will not recive the scholorship, my GPA is low (2.3), however I have heard that one can join NROTC without the freshmen year scholorship and have a chance of getting it thier sophomore year. What would anyone recommend me doing? I'm trying to get my pro's and con's list together so I can make an informed decison soon.

Kiri
12-01-10, 01:23 PM
Answer some questions for yourself.

Are you 18?
Which would your parents prefer if you are not?
Do you have the funding for college to go at all?
Are you willing to wait?
Will you be able to stay out of trouble through college? NROTC does not smile upon troublemakers.
Can you handle NROTC (PT, classes, leadership training) AND college work?
Can you keep your grades to the NROTC standards?

Good luck,
~ Poolee Gibson

Kiri
12-01-10, 01:24 PM
I forgot the most obvious question.

Which do you want more? The EGA or a Degree Your choice.

Aitrus
12-02-10, 01:31 AM
I would highly recommend checking out the website: marineocs.com

I was strongly considering going the officer route for a while. There is a LOT of valuable information to be found on there, and a lot of Officers and Candidates ready and willing to answer questions and help out.

God bless on whatever path into the Corps you end up taking.:thumbup:
-Poolee Pike

Nerd
12-07-10, 05:00 PM
Enlist, do your 4 years, go to College in the reserves, become a mustang officer. Your men will have a borderline religious respect for you because as a Lieutenant who was a Private, you will know what enlisted life is like. You will be better off and wiser for it.

That's my advice. That's what almost ALL my close friends in the DEP are doing. All of them who want to be career Marines anyway